Bodyweight Training: You Are Your Own Gym
By Hard Coded Fitness, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get into the best shape of your life without stepping foot into a gym!
Exercise at home using the same techniques used by Special Forces as taught by fitness instructor and best selling author Mark Lauren.
Join the bodyweight fitness revolution today!
Use the body you HAVE to build the body you WANT following best selling author Mark Lauren's workout plans!
***** App Highlights *****
* No gym required
* Over 200 effective exercises using nothing but your body and items you can find around the house!
* Quick workouts
* Quick results!
* Healthkit integration allows saved workouts to be tracked in Apple's Health app!
* Easy to follow program
* Great for all fitness levels
* Workout in your own home or while traveling
* Workout in as little as 2 minutes and no more than 36 minutes a day.
* Our 10-week fitness programs will guide you to a new physique and are perfect for any fitness level.
* Quick workouts that you can use to fit any schedule with as little as 2 minutes a day. These require nothing but a floor and are great for exercising anywhere!
* Let our app guide you through each workout. Voice prompts and on screen video instruct you on exactly what to do.
* This app is for everyone: men, women, beginners, experts, busy professionals, travelers, athletes, functional fitness fans...
***** Recognitions *****
* #1 in the app paid category in 10 countries.
* #1 for iPhone/iPad in Heath and Fitness Paid
* App store features including "Get in Shape", "New Year New You", "New and Noteworthy", "What's Hot" and more
* 5 star average rating across all versions
WARNING: This app will remove your current fitness excuses and change your life.
***** App Origins *****
This app is based on the best selling book by Mark Lauren "You Are Your Own Gym". The bodyweight exercises in this app have been used to create society’s leanest, strongest, most confident people. He honed his program for a decade while preparing nearly a thousand soldiers for the extreme demands of the most elite levels of the U.S. Special Operations.
***** Interactive Workout Timers *****
Let Mark Lauren guide you through workouts and tell you exactly when to workout and when to rest all while giving you instructions for each exercise with detailed text and numerous images. Use these timers to follow each workout in the 10 week rapid results program or create your own custom workout routines from any exercise in the app.
***** Workout Types *****
- Interval Sets
***** Keep Sending Us Feedback! *****
* We listen and we respond to emails
* We update our app often
What's New in Version 4.5.3
Really good app - I notice the difference in myself
I've been using this app for about 6 months now - here's my updated review. I've changed my rating from 4 to 5 stars.
I do see and feel a difference in myself - not quite like some of the before and after photos that people show off, not as good as those, but still bigger, stronger and better than before.
I also find myself enjoying most of the workouts too - it's more fun than the gym. I attribute that to having a workout plan that changes on a regular basis as I work up through the levels.
In different locations I'm learning to adapt the equipment and furniture I find to the exercises as well as learning how to do the exercises well, with good technique and working my muscles.
Some of the exercises have necessitated a bit of practice and changing my technique or the equipment I use but that's no bad thing - it's exercising my imagination too!
What I would like to see in this app in the Quick Workout option is the ability to specify a Core workout or Push workout etc and then it proposes a workout to fit your time limit.
Make no mistake, this is a great app and well worth the investment of money and time.
Excellent. Simple to use, well designed.
37 year old slob, living a fairly sedentary lifestyle, never really exercised in any way, but becoming aware I needed to do something to stave off ill health as I grow older. I don't have regular access to a gym so this appealed to me. Started using it about 2 months ago, having enjoyed good results I thought it only fair to come back and review.
I have started to see a difference in my shape, posture and strength, and find myself coming back for more, as I feel better about myself everyday.
Each exercise is broken down into stages so you can be sure you're exercising correctly, for example when stretching for warm up or cool down, Mark explains where you should feel the stretching.
The videos are great, easy to digest, replay, and to watch over, and you can prop your iPad against the wall whilst exercising along.
I can imagine this could help advanced guys, but as a beginner with little knowledge, it really got me moving. Thanks Mark!
I love this app so so much. The thing that is so great for me personally is the fact I look forward to my next planned workout and I also enjoy doing the , as tough as some are. I've even got to doing a 40 minute 'quick workout' and it's just brilliant and challenging. It has certainly reinforced my new found determination and discipline. I did 2 weeks at a gym with the same determination add drive but it doesn't compete with this app. Absolute top notch stuff!!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 02 March 2016
- Version: 4.5.3
- Size: 426 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Hard Coded Fitness, LLC
- © Hard Coded Studios & Light of New Orleans 2010
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mobility Rx Warm UpFree
- Video Value Pack!£19.99
- EFX Workout 1£6.99
- EFX Workout 2£6.99
- Mobility Rx Workout 1£8.99
- EFX Workout 3£6.99
- Mobility Rx Workout 2£8.99
- Intermediate Circuit Training£2.99
- Novice Timed Sets£2.99
- Intermediate Ladders£2.99