The BorrowBox app makes it easy to browse, borrow and read or listen to your library’s eBooks and eAudiobooks anywhere, everywhere.
If BorrowBox is available through your local library you can simply login with your member details to access the library’s collection of eBooks and eAudiobooks.
* Grouped by age category
* Browse by genre or by specially curated lists
* Quickly find new releases
* Search by title, author, narrator, series and genre
* Easily find similar titles you might want to read or listen to
* Read and listen to previews
* Get more info about the author and narrator
* Borrow instantly or reserve for later
* View current loans and reserves
* View loan history
* Renew or return ebook and audiobook loans whenever you want
* Automatic deletion of expired loans, no overdue fees
READING & LISTENING
* Offline reading and listening
* Automatically saves your current position in the ebook and audiobook
* Lock screen widget for quick and easy playback control of audiobooks
* Play audiobooks in the background while using other apps
* Adds 30s skip buttons to player controls within iOS Control Center
* Adds support for latest Apple Watch generation
* Enables use of headset controls while the app is in the foreground
* Fixes pause button of AirPods and Bluetooth headsets not working on some devices
* Improves download handling in case of connection issues
* Improves network connectivity in watchOS app
Ratings and Reviews
BorrowBox is a great way to listen to and read a huge amount of books. I have taken so many more diverse books this way as it’s so easy to move on to another if you happen to find that that one is not to your taste. It’s also great to be able to reserve a book for future reading. Would be nice to have had the opportunity to add books to a wish list. I tend to dip into BorrowBox lots of times during the day for a quick read but the only down side and annoying issue is that almost every time the app is opened it has to spend time updating itself. I understand this has to happen to check if your item has lapsed in borrowing time but surely this need only be done once a day. It’s happening almost every time I open the app
The connection and updating appears to be taking longer and longer to sort itself out before the app is ready to be used and is very irritating as it happens so often
Get more books!!
This is a great app but…… there should be more than 1 book available to download. I get absolutely fed up of waiting. If I’m reading a series of books, reserve the next ready thinking, I can have it next week, then look and the time is constantly increasing…. At the moment my book has gone from being avail originally in March, to August. That is bizarre. 5 months plus the original month I’ve waited is far 2 long. I’m ending up, getting the physical copy from the library (if they have 1) or purchasing the books instead. They also need to have more variety. I know it takes time to build the library but it is happening far to slowly. Could be a 5 star, but needs a big increase in books and time customers have to wait. If a book is popular, get another copy. Surely it’s not that difficult.
Longer renewals please?
I need large print, & by adjusting font & size, it’s just about large enough on an iPhone 6. However, because of focussing problems, reading is very slow for me, & only being able to renew once, means books are usually taken off me before finished. I then have to wait until they again become available.
Large print physical books can be renewed 10 times. Could the ebook renewal periods be extended, for those of us who love reading, but have special concessions due to sight problems?
It’s also a shame that Borrow Box disables the screen-reader function, which I could otherwise use to continue with the book once my eyes have given up.
I do love borrowing both audio and large print books & reading them on my phone. Many thanks 🤗
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.