EasyControl CT200 – smart control for heating and hot water
The EasyControl is a multizone internet-connected programmable smart thermostat for heating and hot water system control, which can be operated using this app.
Once installing this app, there is the option to run the app in demo mode, without access to the internet, an EasyControl or a compatible heating appliance to showcase the extensive features and simplicity of use. The EasyControl is compatible with multiple brands of appliances, e.g., Bosch, Nefit, Worcester, Junkers, elm Leblanc among others.
Individual temperature control
Witt the EasyControl it is possible to set up to 20 zones (or rooms), each with its individual schedule and set temperatures. This ensures you have the right comfort temperature in each zone and that each zone only heats when you want therefore saving energy. The control of the temperature in the individual zones requires the installation of the optional EasyControl's smart radiator thermostats.
Simple to use
The EasyControl intuitive operation and modern design ensures it is very simple to operate using either its built-in colour touch-screen or the app.
• Supplied with a pre-set schedules that can then be easily modified to fit your needs.
• The EasyControl features a ‘vacation mode’, requiring just a beginning and end date. You can also set up other type of events such a national holiday or a day at home.
• A quick installation guide is provided with each EasyControl. Additional information is available at the website: www.bosch-easycontrol.com including the product manuals, a list of compatible appliances and helpful videos that provide further detail on specific functions.
The EasyControl’s advanced programming enables it to have an ‘intelligent conversation’ with the appliance to take advantage of features which help improve energy efficiency, such as:
• Load and weather compensation which reduce the appliance water temperature to help further increase efficiency, while also increasing user comfort.
• Unlike other smart heating controls, the EasyControl can also control your domestic hot water settings, helping provide additional energy savings and comfort.
• Visual representation of energy usage data can help you easily identify where potential savings could be made.
Want an EasyControl for your home?
To take smarter control of your heating, first check if your heating appliance is compatible with the EasyControl by visiting our web site: www.bosch-easycontrol.com.
The EasyControl only requires a 2- wire connection between the control and the appliance, all other connections are made via the Wi-Fi network.
•We added the wireless connection to the brand new Bosch appliances
•Also, possible to connect to the Smart Radiator Thermostats without an appliance
•We improved the Appliance status screen
•For those appliances that support it, we added a system refill status
•We squashed some bugs and made some improvements.
For more detailed information see our website at: www.bosch–easycontrol.com
Ratings and Reviews
When the app is launched it opens fine. Then, you go to open it again later and it crashes at the opening blue screen. You have to swipe the app up to close it, then re-open it.
It is also a very slow app to open. I understand it needs to connect back to the system, but we had Hive before this and that was faster to open.
Would like to ask for a feature please - can you add a ‘boost’ function - so you have manual plus the scheduled but also a boost - for both hot water and heating. Sometimes you just want a quick warm up - not to have to keep diving in to make it manual to make a change, just a quick warm up for heating, or heat the water in the tank up to its heat.
Also - it is a complicated app - much more so than Hive - it would be tremendously helpful to simplify it please, I work in IT, I am not a technophobe but even I find it complex!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your detailed review, we are currently working on the blue screen issue and it should be fixed soon. The boost function is a great idea, however it will increase the energy consumption.
We wish you a warm winter :) LS
Problems since changing to easy control
Since swapping to the easy control the bathroom radiator is constantly hot! Even when the boiler hasn’t had a demand for heat and the gas light isn’t on the radiator still remains hot. It’s plumbed in perfectly and worked properly with no issue before installing easy control but no idea what is going on here. There is no smart thermostat in the bathroom like there are in other rooms but that shouldn’t leave it permanently hot. Also when using the programs to set the heating to come on at certain times the easy control never shuts the boiler off when the room is up to specified temp. I set it to 23°c check the room temp and it’s up 28°c
What is going on here? I’m thinking of returning this and getting a different solution. Boiler is a greenstar junior 28i mk4 so needed the easy control adapter but I still expected it to work better than this
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry for the inconvenience you are facing, our colleagues from the helpdesk will be very glad to help you, you can contact them at email@example.com .
Best regards - LS
Kind of works but not hugely intuitive.
I’ve just had a full EasyControl System installed and it sort of works. This review is about the app only, the system itself also has issues. Generally speaking the app is ok. I found it a shame that the add device is hidden away. I went through rooms first which was wrong, should have gone to devices first. Eventually after some fumbling around I got all my devices added. Next the red dots on each room. What do they mean? Is that room calling for heat or is that room too hot? It’s still unclear and I can’t find any instructions. But, worst of all, even with every stat and trv set to 19 degrees and the temperature in every room over 24 degrees the system is still calling for heat! No idea why! So, overall I think the app needs some consideration from a newbie perspective and fix the red dot.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the detailed review, the red dot means a heat request and as it is a recurrent question we decided to add more information about it very soon. If all settings have been made correctly, your system should not display the red dot, so we advise you to contact the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org . LS
- Bosch Thermotechniek B.V.
- 84.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Belarusian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Kazakh, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Bosch Thermotechnik GmbH
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.