By the bossjocks
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Podcast from iOS, no PC needed.
"A podcasting powerhouse"
"BossJock is certainly one of the best in its category (for me, the Best!). One Killer App!!!"
- Apps4iDevices.com 4/4 Guitars "Killer App"
"...if you podcast on the go, you should adore this app."
- AppSafari 4.5/5 Stars
"My Best in Show"
- Dave Jackson, School of PodCasting .com
"Makes the show an actual performance, not an edit job."
- Sean Duregger (@geekCouch)
Podcasters, Voiceover Artists, DJs, this is your app. Life without fan noise is good! bossjock studio makes it easy to create and publish rich audio productions on your iPhone and iPad.
bossjock is not an audio editor or multitrack recorder. Visit our homepage at bossjockstudio.com to see the app in action.
bossjock studio production happens in real time. Grab some good headphones. Load up your soundboard. Fine tune your show notes. Hit record, trigger the mic and go. Recordings are podcast ready, no need for post production.
- Record your voice while triggering intros/outros, bumpers and background music all on-the-fly.
- Dynamics processing (Compression/Limiting) is automatically applied to the mic and mix for loud, level audio.
- Full VoiceOver compatibility for visually impaired producers.
- Up to 16 Carts on the iPhone 5 and 35 Carts on the iPad duck and fade behind the mic for dynamic sound and smooth transitions.
- Load carts with audio from your Music Library, Dropbox, Wifi, or AudioPaste from other music apps.
- Advanced Cart editing lets you fine tune playback in and out points on a per cart basis as well as Cart color and behaviors including looping, fades, auto-rewind and ducking.
- Audiobus lets you receive live audio from other Audiobus-compatible apps as a Cart or Mic source or use bossjock studio to feed other Audiobus-compatible recording apps. See http://audiob.us for more information.
- Encodes to all your favorite formats – Mp3, m4a, Wav, Aiff with image and description metadata.
- Exports to FTP for Podcasters, Email for Audioboo via BooMail, Dropbox, Soundcloud, Wifi, iTunes Share, and AudioCopy to other apps.
- Works with external mics like the Apogee Mic, IK Multimedia iRig Mic Cast and Blue Mikey (audio tests on bossjockstudio.com).
In honor of the "Boss Jocks" who ruled the airwaves in the 60's - bossjock studio is crafted by Libsyn co-founder Dave Mansueto and Ed Filowat, creator of the kilojam audio engine.
Recordings made with bossjock speak for themselves! Listen to it in action on http://bossjockstudio.com
follow us on facebook.com/bossjockapp
and twitter @bossjockapp
What's New in Version 1.6.6
Bugfixes for voiceover
I absolutely love this app. You are a one-man studio, right in the palm of your hand. My only issue is that when adding music to a cart, the selection loads my iTunes in the cloud music - the app needs music which is saved directly on your phone/ipad. Apart from that, I adore this app and use it just about every day.
Versatile with one HUGE flaw and one smaller one
This needs in-app export to Podbean, Audioboom and so on, and also the ability to add artwork. Totally pointless to record it all in app only to have to copy it to a PC to publish it. This would set it apart from all other apps.
I watched a few vids on Youtube made by people who use the app. It had me sold in no time. Simple to use yet powerful. My last podcast I made sitting on a beach with this app, a Headset and thats all. This has got to be the best investment you could possibly make.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 21 November 2014
- Version: 1.6.6
- Size: 17.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Dave Mansueto
- © 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.