Boxy 2 is finally here. This is a minimal and powerful e-mail client you’ll fall in love with, and it’s been rebuilt from the ground up with new features and themes, a thoroughly refined interface and countless improvements.
Boxy is built for ‘Inbox by Gmail’, so it works with any Gmail account. Inbox by Gmail makes your inbox smarter and more powerful, with features like Trips, Highlights, Snooze and Quick Replies.
** Featured on The Verge, The Next Web, Wired, Charged, LifeHacker, MacWorld, Netted by The Webbys, The Modern Desk and Gear Patrol. **
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BOXY
- Modern, clean, responsive interface, completely refined in version 2
- Multiple accounts and multiple windows support
- Status bar menu with quick access to your accounts and their unread counts
- Full support to ‘Inbox by Gmail’ and its distinctive features. (Trips bundles, reservations previews, saved links and much more)
- Reader Mode, for an awesome email reading experience
- Saved Searches, for users who frequently need to search using the same queries
- Multiple Themes. Choose between Light, Dark, White, Black and Crimson
- Native macOS notifications with avatars and Dock icon badge
- Markdown support in the email composer
- VIM and OS X style shortcuts support
- Full screen email composer
- Smaller minimum window size compared to all other clients
- Granular interface settings to make it perfect for you
- All in sync, start writing on Boxy e continue on mobile or web
- Regular free updates
And of course we fully support all of 'Inbox by Gmail' amazing features, like:
- Snooze your emails
- Automatically suggested smart replies
- Add Reminders right in your inbox
- Bundles keep emails organized
- ‘Trips' smart bundle and previews
- Pin emails to keep them in your inbox
- Smart newsletters preview
- Google Calendar events parsing and invites shortcuts in the inbox
- ‘Saved' bundle for your saved links
- Full archive search with smart queries
And so much more!
Boxy is not affiliated with, associated to, nor endorsed by Google in any way. Gmail, Google, ‘Inbox by Gmail' and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
* Fix an issue with "Paste and Match Style" when pasting formatted text into Boxy from other apps.
If you like Boxy, please rate it with every update! Thanks for your continued support and feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app - seems well built
I know there isn’t a huge amount to this app, but it feels really solid nevertheless. Unlike a couple of other reviews I have had no issues with the app being slow or eating up memory but it has been updated since their reviews - so looks like they solved this.
I have always really liked Inbox by Google but never switched to it because I HATE the highlights (the images, etc its show you before opening the email) it makes email look so cluttered. I spend a lot of time in email and feeling like my inbox is a mess is horrible. Boxy solves this problem - well done!
Native support for it is super useful I really like to be able to just open up my email whenever from the app bar on my Mac. The ability to have my email a different size not in Safari etc.
Where this app could really excel is lots of little tweaks to the interface in settings so people can really make Inbox by Google how they want. I emailed a suggestion to the dev and they got back to me straight away which is really promosing! I hope to see my suggestion come out. :)
The ability to fine tune the Inbox UI has made me switch from standard Gmail. This app is an all-round outstanding effort from the developers.
This app doesn’t have the full functionality of Inbox by Gmail on a web browser, so I had to keep going to the web browser to access emails. I emailed the developer, but got no response. I have stopped using this app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.