Companion app for use by people with an account on the Breaking Free Online treatment and recovery programme
The Breaking Free Companion app is designed to be used alongside Breaking Free Online, the award-winning treatment and recovery programme for alcohol and drugs that is accessed at www.breakingfreeonline.com.
This app allows Breaking Free Online users with Apple phones to set alerts that will prompt or ‘nudge’ them to:
* Use the positive coping methods they’ve selected in the ‘Managing your risky places’ strategy if they approach any risky places (by using geo-location alerts)
* Carry out the activities they’ve chosen in the ‘Planning your time positively’ strategy (by using calendar alerts)
* Take the next step towards their life goal they’ve planned in the ‘Achieving your life goals’ strategy (by using calendar alerts)
As well as these alerts, the app gives Breaking Free Online users instant access to the strategies for ‘Shifting your focus’ and ‘Surfing your cravings’. So they can use these mindfulness techniques to stay calm and relaxed or manage cravings and urges without needing an internet connection.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE:
The Breaking Free Companion app can ONLY be used by people who have an account on Breaking Free Online through a licenced service.
If you have already created your account on Breaking Free Online, simply download the app to your Apple smartphone and log in with your username and password. Then set the alerts you would like to receive to help you stay on track with your recovery!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Improved integration with the online platform
Ratings and Reviews
- Breaking Free Online Limited
- 50.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- All content © Breaking Free Online Limited 2016
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.