Bright Sky is a free to download mobile app providing support and information for anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know.
The app is available to use in Polish, Punjabi and Urdu.
A unique UK-wide directory of specialist domestic abuse support services, so you can contact your nearest service by phone from the app, searching by area name, postcode or using your current location.
A secure My Journal tool, where incidents of abuse can be logged in text, audio, video or photo form, without any of the content being saved on the device itself.
Questionnaires to assess the safety of a relationship, plus a section on dispelling myths around domestic and sexual abuse.
Information about domestic abuse, the different kinds of support available, tips to improve your online safety, and how to help someone you know who is experiencing domestic abuse.
Advice and information on issues around sexual consent, stalking and harassment.
Contact details and the ability to call national helplines providing support for those affected by domestic and sexual abuse across the UK.
Links to further resources and information on topics around domestic abuse.
* If you ever feel in immediate danger, contact 999 immediately.
* For your safety, we advise you to only download the app onto a device which you feel safe using and which only you have access to. Only take the questionnaires in a private place, preferably on your own so that nobody is able to influence the outcome.
* Before using the app’s My Journal feature, make sure that you have an email address which is secure and that nobody else has access to. If you need to, you can make a new one.
* For confidentiality purposes, most of the addresses given in the app’s FIND HELP tool are those of the service’s local authority or council offices, not the organisation’s own address. You are able to contact advocates via telephone.
* Please be aware that any calls made will show in your phone’s call history and on the billpayer’s phone bill.
* The ‘Am I at Risk?’ questionnaire within the app is designed to give users an indication of the signs of potential abuse within their relationship, or in ‘Family or Friend at Risk?’, the relationship of a friend or family member. However, this should not be taken as the only indication of the health of any relationship. If you are unsure, we always advise you to contact your nearest support service, or learn more about how you can help someone you know, which can be found using the Bright Sky app.
Updated image assets
Ratings and Reviews
Good but not yet great
The resources on this app are so helpful and the covert mode is great. But you cannot change the screen icon or the app name! I think this is vital to be able to conceal the app from perpetrators (who routinely check phones)
Good but when calling 999 it shows on phone call history which is dangerous!
Also I agree the app name can be simply searched on google to see that it is a domestic violence app 🙁🙁🙁
Unable to load I have tested my network and that seems OK
- Hestia Housing & Support
- 88.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Hestia
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.