Bristlr - Free dating for beard lovers
By John Kershaw
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Connecting those with beards to those who want to stroke beards.
Bristlr is the world's greatest dating site for people into beards; those with beards, and those who want to stroke beards.
Find local people near you, and filter by distance, age, and whether or not they have a beard.
Bristlr has created more than half a million connections between those with beards, and those who want to stroke them, and is used in more than 100 cities around the world.
Avoid bad matches with Bristlr's "Lothario detector" which alerts you if an incoming message has been copied and sent to other people. Be original!
Bristlr also has:
- The ability to change your location
- A secret profile section visible only to your matches
- Daily matches, giving you new faces every day
- The ability to hide people you're not a fan of (with a free undo)
- Filters which let you search any age, and any distance from a few miles to the entire world.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
It’s been a long time in the making, and Bristlr 2 is here!
- Sort your potential matches by gender, as well as beard or no-beard
- Faster performance, meaning faster fondles
- A new interface update gives a classier feel
- Endless bug fixes to make us all happier
Useless if you’re not heterosexual
Thus is probably the worst dating app I have experienced.
The premise is cool. A lot of people love those with beards. However the first version had no real facility for anyone other than heterosexual people to meet.
Despite the supposed improvements in version 2, I see nothing to recommend in this app.
The user interface is so unfriendly, and the tone is still heterocentric despite protestations from the Bristlr team in the past that there would be greater inclusivity and a better overall experience was due to appear. I see no evidence of this in the latest update and certainly no indication of sexuality which is supposed to be a new feature. So it seems that if you are anything other than heterosexual then tough cookies.
The search is very poor with no logic to the results. This is like a rubbish version of Tindr.
As a guy seeking other guys there are better functioning apps out there and I will be deleting this from my phone.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 06 August 2017
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 6.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: John Kershaw
- © Bristlr
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.