British Journal of Photography - the best in contemporary photography, since 1854
By Apptitude Media
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The world’s oldest photography magazine is now available on the iPad and iPhone.
Following the success of the BJP Quarterly for iPad, this new app includes every monthly issue of the BJP, both as a monthly iPad edition and weekly iPhone editions.
Each monthly issue for iPad includes stunning pictures, insightful interviews with award-winning professionals, special reports and in-depth reviews of the latest technology.
Each weekly iPhone edition includes a selection of articles from that month's edition, in a format designed to be easy to read on the iPhone.
Two types of subscription are available:
iPad subscriptions include the monthly iPad edition, plus all weekly iPhone editions.
iPhone only subscriptions include only the iPhone editions, for a lower price.
** Praise for the BJP Quarterly App
Cult of Mac:
“A treat for photography fans”
“Equally alluring as print”
Guardian App Blog:
“Slickly designed mix of photos, videos, articles and interviews”
** Subscription terms and conditions
• iPad subscriptions are available from £5.99/$7.99 for one month to £49.99/$64.99 for one year
• iPhone subscriptions are available from £2.99/$3.99 for one month to £14.99/$19.99 for one year
• iPad subscriptions include access to all monthly iPad editions when using an iPad device, and all weekly iPhone editions when using an iPhone.
• iPhone only subscriptions are clearly marked as such within the app, and allow only access to the weekly iPhone editions when using an iPhone device.
• Subscriptions are available with durations from one month to one year. Your iTunes account will be charged the cost of the subscription when you choose to purchase a subscription.
• At the end of the subscription period, and unless you choose to cancel (see below), the subscription will renew. Your iTunes account will be charged the same cost within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
• You may manage your subscription, or cancel this auto renewal, at any time via your iTunes Account settings. However, subscription sales are final. If you choose to cancel, your subscription will cease at the end of the current period - no refunds will be given.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited if you choose to purchase a subscription.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
Fixes a bug where restoring purchases occasionally failed to restore all single issue purchases. Minor user interface improvements.
Still no landscape view
The last review to mention this is now a year old, but there is still no facility to rotate the app to landscape view, neither is there the ability to zoom. This is madness, as the content is superb and I want to see more than a tiny thumbnail image. The app also appears not to support dynamic text sizing so we are stuck with the rather small font, which I struggle to read on the iPhone screen.
This really should be fixed as the app could be an otherwise excellent add-on to the print subscription. I won’t be buying the iPhone subs for the time-being.
No landscape view? Unable to view full spreads? Would also like to be able to view larger version of all images. Great images and content. Just needs a few key improvements.
Obviously great magazine
But the quality control is poor. Many mistakes found in just one issue.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 19 May 2016
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Apptitude Media Ltd
- © Apptitude Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- iPad and iPhone Subscription£5.99
- iPad and iPhone Subscription£49.99
- iPhone Subscription£2.99
- iPad and iPhone Subscription£14.99
- iPhone Subscription£14.99
- iPhone Subscription£5.99
- BJP November 2013£9.99
- May 2013 Issue 1£0.99
- BJP July 2013£9.99
- BJP April 2014£9.99