Our latest and greatest update makes BT Cloud better than ever. BT Cloud can automatically back up your iPhone or iPad’s photos, videos and contacts to secure cloud storage. It means that it’s incredibly easy to get all your important content onto a new phone if you lost, damaged, or replaced your current one.
With BT Cloud on iPhone or iPad, you can:
• Keep all your content safe and secure. Choose the types of content you’d like BT Cloud to automatically back up, or just let it back up everything.
• Sync to all your devices. You can access all your content whenever you need it, from your iPhone, iPad, on the web, or from any other BT Cloud compatible device.
• Keep your whole music library on BT Cloud. You can listen to your songs from wherever you have an internet connection, without taking up storage space on your iPhone or iPad. You can also make your favourite songs or playlists available for offline listening - perfect for listening while on the move.
• Transfer all your content from your previous phone to your new one.
• Share content from BT Cloud with your friends or family – select the photos, videos or documents you want to share and they’ll be able to access it using a personalised and secure link.
• BT Cloud securely stores all your data in UK data centres – we never access or analyse what you’ve stored for marketing purposes.
To use BT Cloud, you’ll need to be a residential BT Broadband customer. BT Cloud storage is included as part of your BT Broadband subscription.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Updated logo and colours, bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Full of bugs
The app is pretty terrible to be quite honest. Only used to transfer photos from old phone to new one and it messed up the order of a lot of photos - believe this is to do with it not having dates for any screenshots so they’re all clumped at the end. I’ve just used the app again to upload my photos and rather than just adding the new photos, it has duplicated most of the ones I had previously uploaded. Strangely it hasn’t simply duplicated them all as that would be too easy - instead it shows two identical thumbnails but when you load the photo it appears the app has ‘cropped’ one of the copies which means I now have to go through and view every single photo before knowing which one to delete. I will be scrapping this app and looking for alternative ways to back up my photos.
Sorry about this. The app is designed to upload new files and if any changes have been made such as adding a filter or uploading the image to something that saves a new copy it will treat the image as a new file and upload this also unfortunately.
Ash - BT Care Team
Thought it was about time I started using the 100gb of cloud storage included with my contract. Loading up a goodly chunk of music from iTunes seemed to be a good idea, free up space on my iPad and iPhone and have access to a selection of music.
First loaded BT cloud onto my Mac ok, dragged some tunes into the file which show as loaded. Then the fun starts, with the matching app installed on my iOS devices I sign in and try to play something, tracks show as playing (where I don't know as they fail to reach the speakers). Also every time you switch off your device it signs you out of the cloud then refuses to let you sign back in.
After deleting and reinstalling app on both devices, fiddling with settings and repeated sign ins I think it's time to protect my sanity and dump it, BT cloud storage seems to be a fantasy with Apple software so don't waste your time on it!!!
Problems but now working! (UPDATE)
Well, after downloading app, logging in (with my BT Id) and downloading contacts and photos, all seemed to be working fine........but went back to app later and it would not let me log in!!
After problems getting through to somebody at BT chat help who could actually help( another story), i waited a few days - as I was away- went back to the app and could log in, hurray. Also had a response from app development asking me if it was now working. Don’t know if they have done something or not, but appears to be working fine now. The day has been saved, hence updated review.
I'm sorry about this. Have you been able to log back in since?
Ash - BT Care Team
- British Telecommunications plc
- 259.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © British Telecommunications plc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.