By British Telecommunications plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BT customers could save money with BT SmartTalk. Our free app lets you make calls from your mobile at your BT home calling plan rates.
If you’re a residential BT customer you can make calls on your mobile for the same great value as if you were using your home phone, all through your smartphone’s wi-fi or mobile data connection.
· Calls to 0800 numbers are included in your calling plan so there’s no extra cost.
· Cheaper calls to UK landline, 0845 and 0870 numbers (free if they are within your BT calling plan).
· When abroad, user over wi-fi and call back to the UK for the same price you’d pay if you were using your home phone.
· Make great value calls without having to top up your Pay-As-You-Go credit.
· Make calls over wi-fi if you are in a poor mobile coverage area, or when someone else is using the home phone.
More about BT SmartTalk:
· BT SmartTalk is available to residential BT customers only.
· Designed and optimised for iOS7, supporting iPhone 4 onwards. (The app will also work with iPad and iPod Touch).
· Three simple steps to sign up, you will need to be at home to complete your registration.
· Up to five users per household, a unique BT ID is required for each user, this can be created during sign up.
· The BT account holder will be informed of all new registrations and has the ability to manage their BT SmartTalk service online at www.bt.com/mybt/btsmarttalk - including restricting the types of calls each user can make, or even blocking new registrations.
· Calls are charged at your great value BT home calling plan rates (UK time zone applies). For more information on your BT home calling plan, please ask the BT account holder.
· BT SmartTalk calls appear on your BT bill, itemised by user.
· The app automatically imports your mobile phone’s contact list.
· People will see your mobile phone number when you call, or you have the option to withhold your number.
· You’ll need an internet connection. You can make calls over wi-fi or mobile data (a wi-fi connections is best). Remember that your mobile service provider may charge you for data use.
· Call quality is dependent upon the quality of your wi-fi or mobile data connection – BT SmartTalk will warn you by displaying a message if your signal strength is poor. (Problems connecting? Run the ‘Connection Test’ in the ‘Help’ section of the app.)
· BT SmartTalk is fully compatible with device accessibility tools.
What's New in Version 1.43.1
Improvements to the way users provide feedback
Minor bug fixes
Excellent call quality but just a couple of niggles
The call quality is great, much better than a mobile call and also better than a landline call.
My only issues are with making a call in the first place. When selecting a number from my contacts SmartTalk will firstly say that the number is not recognised. If I immediately try the same number again from the same contact it will make the call OK.
It would be nice if the app could automatically call a number again if it is busy and keep attempting to make the call until either the call back was cancelled or the other number completed its call and became free.
BT Smart Talk / Very Smart Now!!!
This app I criticised in past but now I have to CONGRATULATE with all the improvements they did on the app. It's much better now! Easy to use, all the aspects I mentioned in the past, has well up to date, well done BT! Thank you very much for all the improvements have been done. I like to use this app and recommend to everyone.
With some very poor areas in London with the mobile signals this BT app really help me to make my calls very easy. 👌😎
BT Smart Talk
This App was ok but now does not work and many comments on forums. Basically you make a call and when the other party answers the phone goes dead with message "poor internet connection". Having checked and just done a FaceTime call whilst watching streamed film know that not to be the case. Shame because when it worked was really great when no normal GSM signal. BT say nothing to do with them not their App and all helplines seem to struggle with the whole concept of Apps and the Internet. I would look elsewhere. Are we surprised that yet again BT the monopoly could not care less.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 13 October 2015
- Version: 1.43.1
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: British Telecommunications plc
- © British Telecommunications plc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.