By British Telecommunications plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BT customers could save money with BT SmartTalk. Our free app lets you make calls from your mobile at your BT home calling plan rates.
If you’re a residential BT customer you can make calls on your mobile for the same great value as if you were using your home phone, all through your smartphone’s wi-fi or mobile data connection.
· Calls to 0800 numbers are included in your calling plan so there’s no extra cost.
· Cheaper calls to UK landline, 0845 and 0870 numbers (free if they are within your BT calling plan).
· When abroad, user over wi-fi and call back to the UK for the same price you’d pay if you were using your home phone.
· Make great value calls without having to top up your Pay-As-You-Go credit.
· Make calls over wi-fi if you are in a poor mobile coverage area, or when someone else is using the home phone.
More about BT SmartTalk:
· BT SmartTalk is available to residential BT customers only.
· Designed and optimised for iOS7, supporting iPhone 4 onwards. (The app will also work with iPad and iPod Touch).
· Three simple steps to sign up, you will need to be at home to complete your registration.
· Up to five users per household, a unique BT ID is required for each user, this can be created during sign up.
· The BT account holder will be informed of all new registrations and has the ability to manage their BT SmartTalk service online at www.bt.com/mybt/btsmarttalk - including restricting the types of calls each user can make, or even blocking new registrations.
· Calls are charged at your great value BT home calling plan rates (UK time zone applies). For more information on your BT home calling plan, please ask the BT account holder.
· BT SmartTalk calls appear on your BT bill, itemised by user.
· The app automatically imports your mobile phone’s contact list.
· People will see your mobile phone number when you call, or you have the option to withhold your number.
· You’ll need an internet connection. You can make calls over wi-fi or mobile data (a wi-fi connections is best). Remember that your mobile service provider may charge you for data use.
· Call quality is dependent upon the quality of your wi-fi or mobile data connection – BT SmartTalk will warn you by displaying a message if your signal strength is poor. (Problems connecting? Run the ‘Connection Test’ in the ‘Help’ section of the app.)
· BT SmartTalk is fully compatible with device accessibility tools.
What's New in Version 1.38.5
· Redesigned and improved user interface and experience
· Optimised for iOS7, supporting iPhone 4 onwards
· Compatibility with device accessibility tools
· Minor bug fixes
Great - just 2 niggles
Used several times from Barbados. Clear as a bell. Niggle 1= delay of sometimes couple of days before confirmation of call appears in my BT account online log. I'd like quicker reassurance that a call has been included in my current call plan (usually included 'free')
Niggle 2 = I typed a more detailed comment for this app only to find the name is selected was already being used so I lost all the previous comment!! You've lost a star for that daft set-up error!
Before the app style was changed it was brilliant! But now it takes forever for the screen to catch up with what I'm doing, I make a call and it has already been answered before the dialling screen even comes up, I can't use the speaker because I press the button and it cuts sound for like 2 minutes until the loudspeaker comes on. By that time the person I'm calling has hung up. I would rather have the old style of the app as at least it worked efficiently and didn't crash. The updated style was a waste of time!
Well worth setting up
I didn't think I was going to use this app much buts it's been very useful. It means you can dial 0800 numbers from your mobile and not pay for them. Very clear and easy to set up. There is a bit of security to go through but that's understandable.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 03 March 2015
- Version: 1.38.5
- Size: 16.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: British Telecommunications plc
- © British Telecommunications plc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.