By British Telecommunications plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BT SmartTalk lets you make calls from your mobile at your BT home calling plan rates. So it could save you money if you’re a BT customer.
With the free app you can make calls on your mobile using your home phone plan, through your mobile's wi-fi or mobile data connection. And it would cost the same as if you were using your landline at home. So if you get unlimited anytime calls on your home phone calling plan, you’ll get the same on SmartTalk. Smart, right?
Why get BT SmartTalk?
• Avoid expensive mobile roaming costs when you’re abroad – call back to the UK for the same price you’d pay if you were using your home phone.
• Keep in touch even if you don’t have much signal by making calls over wi-fi.
• Make calls even when someone else is on the home phone, using wi-fi or your mobile data connection.
• Get free calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers (if they’re part of your home calling plan).
• Download on up to five different smartphones so your family can share the savings. (You’ll need a unique BT ID for each account which can be created during sign-up).
• Call other mobiles without having to worry about topping up your Pay-As-You-Go credit.
More about BT SmartTalk
• There are three simple steps to sign up – create a BT ID, link to your home phone and then link to your mobile. You’ll need to be at home to register for it so you can link it to your home phone.
• The app automatically imports the contact list from your mobile.
• People will see your mobile number when you call them. You can also withhold your number if you’d prefer.
• The BT account holder is in charge. We’ll tell them about any new registrations. And they can manage their BT SmartTalk service online - including restricting the types of calls each user can make or even blocking new registrations - at bt.com/mybt/btsmarttalk
• BT SmartTalk is fully compatible with accessibility tools (to make it easier for the hard of hearing or visually impaired users to navigate).
For more information go to bt.com/smarttalking. Or for help and support with BT SmartTalk go to bt.com/help/btsmarttalk
“You’ll need a BT home calling plan and an iPhone / compatible Android smartphone with an internet connection. Maximum five users per account. SmartTalk allows you to access your calling plan on your smartphone. UK time zone applies. Opt-in for Premium (09) calls. Personal (070) calls excluded. Fair use policy applies. Excludes BT Basic. See www.bt.com/btsmarttalk”
What's New in Version 1.46.8
Improvements to reminders and notifications.
Minor bug fixes.
Never purchase a bt app or be a bt customer
Were are the zero stars. Been a bt customer for over 2 years. Firstly they falsely sell you contracts with services you dont get in your area. The app it keeps cutting out for no reason. When you contact them the staff bully and harass you over the phone or chat. You say you want to deal with management and theirs never anyone there. You upgrade and they send people round without you knowing cause issues which stop your broadband working and your not able to get on line and want you to pay £129 for a visit you shouldnt need. They dont bother dealing with complaints they ignore them. They bully you and always give you a different story when you speak to a different member of staff. So far they have breached the consumer act, in breach of contract, bullying, harassment, fraud so not a company to get involved with. Still waiting for my call from gavin patterson the ceo.
What have they done to this app?
I actually changed my home phone to BT a couple of years ago so that I could use my phone in Wales, where I am working. For the last few weeks the app has chosen to not let other people hear me talk. The problem is intermittent. Not today. Can you imagine the frustration of making a call to Currys support people, going through 4 menus, waiting for 10 minutes, to find that the other person cannot hear me? F****** useless. Absolutely b***** maddening. Now trying doing this 3 times in a row. Makes me want to kill myself. Under the preferences for BT SmartTalk the use microphone option is ticked. Unticking it and reticking it made no difference. I deleted the app. Reinstalled it. Went through setting up the account again - and the app quit 5 minutes through the 10 minute wait ...
WHO is responsible in BT? How in hell do you contact them?
Save your call allowance
I've used this app for a few years now. It's great for saving your mobile call allowance. You will need to be careful you have adequate data allowance to cover the calls instead. Having said that, you can get free wifi in lots of public places these days. The quality of the calls is dependent on the wifi reception, of course. But I've found it pretty good usually. It has similar look and feel as my iPhone "Phone" app, offering features such as Favourites and Recent call log etc.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: 16 February 2016
- Version: 1.46.8
- Size: 22.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: British Telecommunications plc
- © British Telecommunications plc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.