By British Telecommunications plc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The BT Sport app for smartphones and tablets allows BT Sport subscribers to watch BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN live and on the go. **IMPORTANT: WHILE BT SPORT IS FREE FOR BT BROADBAND CUSTOMERS, YOU MUST ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT AT bt.com/orderapp IN ORDER TO ACCESS THE APP**
Keep up to date with BT Sport’s growing line-up of live events including Barclays Premier League, Aviva Premiership, SPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, WTA tennis and UFC, with news, fixtures, results and more.
The app also provides an enhanced live experience for BT Sport’s 38 Premier League matches per season, with in-game statistics, text commentary and social media features that allow viewers to get involved in the debate.
- Don't miss a moment of the action with live streaming of BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2 and ESPN
- Exclusive streaming of selected events that will not be televised on the channels
- On-demand video of full BT Sport programmes
- An array of video clips including highlights, interviews, video diaries and more
- A second-screen accompaniment to BT Sport’s live FA Premier League matches
- Get involved with the debate through Twitter polls and Q&As
- Sports news coverage
- Fixtures, results and league tables
- Seven-day channel listings
- A valid BT Sport subscription and BT ID are needed to access the BT Sport app
- Mobile network and wifi charges may apply
- It is possible to install and access the app on as many devices as you like, but users are restricted to two concurrent video streams per BT ID
- All video is only available within the United Kingdom
- Some programmes are not available on demand in the BT Sport app due to rights restrictions
What's New in Version 1.1.12
- Location services now have to be switched on to view video
- Improved stability when streaming through Airplay
- Match Centre updates
- Fixed connectivity issues when connected to BT Openzone
- UI improvements
- Improvements to handling of different live score scenarios
An ex - Super App
I can't for the life of me see why people are complaining. They must be doing something wrong. I start the app and it works, simple as that. Full screen on the iPhone just needs a rotation to landscape view. Streaming via Apple TV is a piece of cake and the picture quality from an iPhone is just amazing and it is Full Screen. As a BT BB customer I also get it for nothing. What's not 5 star?
** Some caveats to this now. Big football matches are often difficult to log into and often buffer for a long time or lose the connection. The location services part of the new app (which they seem proud of for some bizarre reason) is a complete nonsense. What are they frightened of for god's sake? I might want to watch a game when I'm on holiday? Oh dear. Anyway no point in updating so I haven't and it does work still without LS on. Get a grip BT.
Warning bt just switched on location services must be on to use this app so proves they are tracking your every move when using this heap of rubbish that's me back to sky lets see who's the most powerful BT or the European Union of freedom of movement No good seeing who is more powerful between BT or British government BT win every time now writing to freedom of movement not the NSA moto gp fan all my life now that's screwed as we'll sleep tight bt what comes around goes around you learnt that once before you used to rip people off make huge profits let's hope the younger generation are more street wise than we were and blow you lot away
It's OK, few faults
This would be a great app if they sorted the problems out. Even watching via wifi it buffers a lot and cuts out during big matches, video freeze's but sound still carries on. It also keeps switching between HD and standard, very annoying. Same with watching online, Please fix.
Oh, and who cares about the location thing mentioned previous, that chap needs to get out more.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: 25 February 2014
- Version: 1.1.12
- Size: 22.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: British Telecommunications plc
- © British Telecommunications plc 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.