By British Telecommunications plc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The BT Sport app for smartphones and tablets allows BT Sport subscribers to watch BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, BT Sport 3, ESPN on BT Sport and BoxNation live and on the go.
Keep up to date with BT Sport’s growing line-up of live events including UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, Premier League, Aviva Premiership, European Rugby Champions Cup, SPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, WTA tennis, MotoGP, UFC and Boxing, with video highlights, news, fixtures, results and more.
The app has been completely redesigned ahead of the 2016-17 football season, making it easier than ever to follow your favourite sport.
Plus, you'll now be able to watch all 42 of BT Sport's live Premier League matches in our enhanced video player.
The enhanced player, which is also available for UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League matches, offers in-game match highlights, alternative angle replays and a wealth of in-match stats.
Key features of the app:
• Don’t miss a moment of the action with live streaming of BT Sport 1, BT Sport 2, BT Sport 3, ESPN on BT Sport and BoxNation
• Live streaming of every single match from the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League
• Exclusive streaming of selected events that will not be televised on the channels
• On-demand catch-up of full BT Sport programmes
• An array of video clips including highlights, interviews and more
• Sports news coverage
• Fixtures, results and league tables
• Seven-day channel listings
• A valid BT Sport subscription and BT ID are needed to access the BT Sport app
• A BT Sport Pack subscription is required to watch BT Sport 2, BT Sport 3, ESPN on BT Sport and BoxNation
• Mobile network and wifi charges may apply
• It is possible to install and access the app on as many devices as you like, but users are restricted to two concurrent video streams per BT ID
• All video is only available within the United Kingdom - in order to stream video you will have to turn on location services. No data is passed to BT.
• Some live programmes are not available in the BT Sport app due to rights restrictions
What's New in Version 4.10.2
We've packed a lot into our latest version of the app!
It now supports high res displays such as those on the iPhone Plus and iPad Pro, we've completely redesigned our video player and we have carried out some tweaks to make it easier to navigate around the app.
We've been hard at work on the bugs too
This app is infuriating. Even the most basic requirements of an app interface are ignored. There is no back button! If you’re drilling down to find the video you want to watch and need to hop back up a level then you’re out of luck... no back button. All the way back to the home page for you. There are no video controls beyond play/pause and the scrubber. You can’t skip ahead or back with +15 or -15 buttons like you can in other video apps. This makes it impossible to get easily to the portion of a video you want to watch - especially on a longer video where the scrubber is hyper sensitive. And if you do press the pause button then please don’t look away from your phone for more than a few seconds, because if the display turns off, when you reawaken it the app will have switched your video off. And it will have forgotten your place in the video! Even if you exit a video properly it only very, very rarely remembers where you left off. Utterly, utterly hopeless.
Terrible changes to video playback.
They have removed the play/pause button and volume slider when viewing live channels making the experience more difficult and less user friendly also getting rid of the ability to change channels when viewing live channels. You were so far ahead of sky don't regress bring back not just useful but necessary features.
Airplay with no sound
As a BT customer, for the last 2 years at least I have been able to stream BT Sport via airplay from my iPhone and iPad to my Apple TV - until now. Something has happened with latest release resulting in pictures but no sound.
Please fix this - like many others BT Sport is the main reason I have stuck with BT as my phone and broadband provider despite the existence of cheaper and better offers.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: 13 November 2017
- Version: 4.10.2
- Size: 53.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: British Telecommunications plc
- © British Telecommunications plc 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.