Official and free Budget Taxis Newcastle App allowing you to quickly and easily book your taxi. Why wait on hold when you can instantly book from this app!
Initial version is packed full of features including:
- Utilise the in-built tracking facility to let your mobile phone determine your pickup location (highest accuracy is achieved outside).
- Place a booking by specifying your location using GPS or select an address from our huge database of addresses.
- Store and save favourite addresses for use as either pickup or destination locations.
- Able to create multiple bookings for future pickup times.
- Check the location of your taxi as it approaches using the tracking map facility.
- Automatically receive a Notification when you taxi is nearby, including the vehicle number of the assigned taxi.
Budget Taxis is one of the largest taxi companies in Newcastle with modern vehicles, uniformed drivers and credit card facilities in every car. Covering Newcastle, Newcastle Central Train Station, Newcastle Airport, Gateshead and North Tyneside. Meter starts at only £1.00.
What do people have to say about our cab app?
- "The only taxi company I use just got even better." Susan - Jesmond
- "Budget gets booking right, so easy to use and cheap fares." Daniel - Fenham
- "I’ve got unlimited data so can save my free minutes using the Budget Taxis App” Karen – Kingston Park
Bug fixes and optimisations for Google APIs.
Ratings and Reviews
After walking to some distant shops where I live (45 mins) I decided to call a taxi instead of carrying the bags back. The app told me the driver would be there to pick me up in 5 mins. So around 20 mins later the car on the app finally begins to drive towards me but my phone charge is beginning to run low as I keep on checking. I then received a call off the driver but my phone froze and turned off before I could press answer so I went looking for the taxi at the Tesco entrance. About 30 seconds later the car pulled up and I signalled him down only to see him frowning at me like he wasn’t expecting me, I asked if this was for me and his reply was that I didn’t pick up the phone so he answered another job. I told him my phone died and he replied I’ll have to call another, WITHOUT A PHONE. So I ended up having to walk home which I could’ve done 20 mins before. Stupid punishment for such a simple accident, couldn’t be bothered to wait 2 mins to see if I was there even though he pulled up anyway!?
App doesn’t work, neither do the staff
I rarely get a Budget taxi, even though they always come on time, good service, good price. Why? 1. The app doesn’t work. I’ve tried to enter my card details countless times and the app says they’re invalid (Uber seems to take my money fine). 2. They don’t give a crap about their customers - there’s no support team for the app and although I’ve told them at the office many tines of my issue they can’t be bothered to get back to me and sort it out.
Taxis 10, app and support NIL
Idiot driver everywhere
Most of the time driver are ok but the last one is utter fccck , drove me halfway, charge two times the rates ask me 5 pounds angriyly while the display says 2 pounds , angry when i order and said “cant you just walk?” While i had 35kg luggage with me his name is stevan from newcastle upon tyne , worst part i cant event complain since there is minimum customer service
- BUDGET TAXIS LIMITED
- 50.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Bulgarian, Dutch, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Budget Taxis Limited 2017
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.