Ever been stood at a Bus Stop wondering when the next bus is? Or sat at home / in the pub wondering if you need to set off yet? There are a couple of way to do this if you are in Yorkshire, but none are specifically aimed at the iPhone.
1.Text the 8 digit bus stop number to 63876 (A text message is charged at your standard outbound rate plus a maximum of 12p for the returned text.)
2.Use the "YourNextBus Service" at http://www.wymetro.com/yournextbus/search/ in Mobile Safari (What a hassle to navigate and remember all your stop numbers)
Now you can have a dedicated app which will store your favourite Bus Stop numbers and present the results in an iPhone / iPad friendly format. With lots of useful features some of which are not available on the web …
• Where available get the REAL arrival time of the busses, not timetabled times, but the actual time the bus is due at your chosen stop via the GPS tracker on the bus.
• Check future arrival times by using the +1hr/-1hr buttons to move an hour or more along the schedules.
• Store a list of "Favourite Stops" and organise them in Alphabetical order or simply order / rename them as you like.
• Busses with a Live Feed will have their times highlighted in green and show how many minutes until they are due.
• Busses with a Low Floor access for pushchairs and prams are indicated by a blue wheelchair icon on the end of the result.
• You can tap on results to be alerted at your specified number of minutes before the bus is due, so you know when to set off.
• Set an Auto-Refresh time to regularly reload the timetable data (Double Tap at the top of the timetable to enable).
• The app will offer to fall back to SMS if you don't have a Data Connection on your phone.
• Optional Shake to refresh and pull down on the results to refresh times.
• Search for Busses / Stops by Postcode, Bus Number, or search for other bus stops near your current stop.
• Use your phone's GPS to show a map of all the bus stops around you.
• Our app uses the "text-only" version of the YourNextBus page and doesn't download images etc, this makes its very quick and saves on your data usage.
• Large Text view for Sight Impaired users of iPads (enabled in the settings).
IMPORTANT - Before purchasing we suggest you use the West Yorkshire Public Transport site linked above to make sure you can see information on the busses and stops you require. We can only provide the same information, so if you cannot find relevant information on their websites, our app will not be able to magically provide it.
We have thoroughly tested in Leeds, Wakefield, Sheffield, Harrogate, Doncaster, Scarborough and York but please ensure your area is covered before purchase.
Please don't shoot the messenger by leaving negative reviews regarding the actual Bus Times data we display, this is from the WYPTE website and we can only show the data they offer. If the times are wrong, or the bus doesn’t turn up, then the problem is with their data or services and not our wonderful app! :)
If you have any suggestions or in the unlikely event of a problem please contact us via the Icons on the Service Status tab (Email, Twitter, Facebook, WWW). We cannot reply to comments left in the ratings on here, but we can assure you that you will receive a swift personal reply to any comments you send us via the Application.
Timetable information provided by West Yorkshire Public Transport Executive (WYPTE).
Note: Neither this application or its author is associated with or endorsed by WYPTE.
* Additional visual fixes for new iPhone models.
* Updated some parts of the code to use newer methods.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and easy to use
Very simple and does exactly what it needs to do without being too fancy. The map search is excellent, so is the ability to save bus stops to your favourites.
I wish all apps were this easy to use.
UPDATE: actually one annoying thing with the map is it keeps refreshing without me pressing 'GPS' or 'Map'. This gets in the way when trying to search an area of the map away from your current location, as it keeps resetting the map to where you are. Happened whilst I was moving on a bus. Please can you fix? Thanks.
This is a very useful app. You can add your most used bus stops to 'favourites' and with one click it loads the next service to come to that stop. You can also search by postcode, bus service number or bus stop number. The map feature is very useful and pinpoints the bus stops closest to you or you can browse the map to see where bus stops are that you may use in the future. Easily worth the 69p I paid for it.
This app is accurate & useful, but as others have said, it needs to offer more than 1 hour of bus times to be perfect. I find it very useful to plan a local trip for the outward journey, but have to wait until I am ready to come home, to see if there is a bus. Would like to be able to plan the return trip in advance. The idea is great though.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.