Byword makes writing notes and long-form texts easier on your Mac.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing easier with Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts for extra efficiency
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open File menu and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- Typewriter scrolling mode
- Great text manipulation helpers
- Word and character counters with live update
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Extensive VoiceOver API support for visual impaired users
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Enhanced for macOS Sierra
- Tabs: Merge multiple documents in one window (Window > Merge All Windows)
- iCloud Drive: Sync your documents seamlessly across your devices and apps
- Handoff: Start writing on your iPhone and pick up where you left off when you sit down at your Mac
- Split screen: In case you need an extra window side by side for research
- Full screen: Get even more immersed in your words
- Autosave: Time to stop worrying about saving your work
- Versions: Review past iterations of your compositions
- Resume: Always open your documents where you left off
- Tags: A powerful new way to organize your files
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support over email. If you have suggestions or questions, please contact us using one the methods below.
Ratings and Reviews
A very useful app
I use Byword all the time for any Markdown content. Granted, there are many apps that can be used for writing Markdown but I find Byword the most convenient as it allows me to quickly export my text as HTML and paste it into a web page. Also, I like the fact that I can work on the same text from different computers and tablets — I have a few of those.
One thing that could be improved is the speed of synchronisation between different devices. Sometimes, after working on a text from one computer, I switch to a different computer but the latest paragraph or two might still not be available there. This might have been already fixed though, as I haven’t noticed this problem recently, I only had it in the past.
A writing app that earns its place on the front screen of my phone.
Because it’s on my Mac and my iphone I seem to start everything I write on Byword. It’s my goto app for first drafts of everything as well as a daily journal. I have picked up the habit of writing in markdown by default but as I post more and more often onto a wordpress blog this isn’t a bad thing. Quick, simple to use and it syncs exceptionally well across devices. One of the few apps that earns its place on the front screen of my phone
Excellent Support for Markdown
Cheesy part: Im a longtime Byword user and love the cleanliness of this app, and the way it has evolved over time blah blah blah…
Useful part: It has excellent Markdown (including tables!) and HTML support. Only one slight issue that I have noticed thus far: when you link a photo from and iOS device’s photo app, then come to open the same doc on the Mac, I often encounter fidelity issues, mostly to do with orientation. Small bug.
AOB: This app has been in existence for a few years (5?), with regular updates.
- Metaclassy, Lda
- 3.3 MB
- OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.