By Metaclassy, Lda.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Byword is designed to make writing more enjoyable with Markdown on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing more enjoyable using Markdown
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Search for text inside all your documents
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Premium feature: Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram and Evernote
# Blog publishing — Premium only[^1]
Publish to WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Scriptogram blogs and Evernote notebooks from Byword. Posting to your blog with Byword is as simples as:
1. Write something in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm title, tags, categories, etc.
[^1]: Requires a one-time in-app purchase for all your iOS devices. Premium on Mac requires a separate one-time purchase.
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
What's New in Version 2.1.6
- Fix issues with non-latin text introduced in the last update
- Fix bold and italics when using Georgia
- Other bug fixes and improvements
great apps but with some bugs
BUG1: when I use a external keyboard, I want to use command key + right arrow to go to the end of the line, however, the cursor goes to one character before the end of the line instead.
BUG2: when I try to type in Chinese by PinYin (i.e. a input method using some combinations of english letters to type in specific Chinese characters), for example, I could type "ceshi" for the Chinese word "测试", but in Byword it shows "bdrgh" in the screen before the input method changes the letters into Chinese characters. I noticed that each letter is alphabetically one position before the correct one (like 'b' to 'c', 'd' to 'e'). Even when I try to type some English words in Chinese input method, it shows the way as I described above until I type in another space, then it becomes what they should be. However, this bug does not happen when I type in the first word of the line, I tried on both Chinese and English.
I have a large collection of text documents in my Dropbox account. On my iPhone 5S Byword frequently crashes, becomes unresponsive, and is very choppy scrolling. This is the only app I've had issues with. Very disappointed.
Favourite Writing App
I really love Byword on Mac and iOS. A great app for writing that lives on my homescreen.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 03 April 2014
- Version: 2.1.6
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Metaclassy, Lda
- © Metaclassy, Lda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases