C25K® - 5K Trainer Pro - (Go from Couch Potato to Running the 5K)
By Zen Labs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
- The OFFICIAL C25K® (Couch to 5K) program.
- Millions of success stories!
- The only 5K training app to be partners with MyFitnessPal for seamless integration.
- Featured on Glamour Magazine, Yahoo!’s Appolicious, Popsugar Fitness, Apple’s “What’s Hot”, Apple’s “New & Noteworthy”, CBS News, Fox News, Macworld and many more!
- Doctor recommended on healthTap.com
Our community is our number one priority. We answer each and every email. Most of our updates have been suggestions from our community. Questions? Comments? Suggestions? See why our community has made us the #1 5K training app. firstname.lastname@example.org
■ Video Trailer - http://bit.ly/c25kvideo
≈ Real-Life Inspirational Transformations ≈
- Over 100,000 Likes and 1000 Success Photos at facebook.com/c25kfree
- Our community inspires one another (and inspires us!) everyday. Hear some of their amazing stories.
"In this last year I have lost 97 lbs, gotten off insulin and 9 other medications, completed the C25K running app and started the 10k app. Life is a blessing." - Diana
“I went from a size 16 to a size 7. I tell anyone I can about the app. because it was nothing short of a life changer.” - Amber
"I'm now down 50 pounds from when I began C25K in August. I've gone through the program 3 times increasing my speed by a half MPH each time." - Claire
C25K® is the easiest program to get beginners from couch potatoes to 5K distance runners in 8 weeks.
The proven C25K program was designed for inexperienced runners who are just beginning an exercise routine.The plan's structure prevents new runners from giving up and at the same time challenges them to continue moving forward. C25K works because it starts with a mix of running and walking, gradually building up strength and stamina.
≈ Less is More ≈
◎ Simple and intuitive user interface
◎ Easy to learn. Just press start!
◎ Ideal for first-time runners
◎ 30 minutes a day, 3 days a week, 8 weeks total. You will finish your 5K! Millions of first timer runners have finished. You will too!
≈ Features ≈
◉ Track your calories and distance for each workout! Tap the center dial to cycle through your stats!
◉ Apple Watch integration!
◉ NEW skins! Customize the look of your app! (All 6 skins included in Pro!)
◉ Listen to your own favorite music and playlists while you train
◉ Compatible with Spotify, Pandora, and all music apps
◉ Convenient audio coach and alerts
◉ Compatible with Nike+ GPS and ALL GPS and pedometer apps.
◉ Integrated with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
◉ Login to MyFitnessPal at the end of your workout to track your calories
◉ Convenient access to our forums with thousands of veterans and newcomers starting the app. Join the community and meet other runners!
◉ The only C25K app that works accurately while your device is locked!
◉ Free iPad integration for indoor treadmills
≈ Connect ≈
Zen Labs Fitness is a proud supporter of the National Breast Cancer Coalition. We are passionate about finding a cure for breast cancer and proudly donate to their cause. www.breastcancerdeadline2020.org
This app and any information given by it or by Zen Labs LLC are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
C25K® is a registered trademark of Zen Labs LLC
What's New in Version 3.7
◎ More Apps page has been updated with new screenshots, to show our community which suite of apps will help them best achieve their fitness goals!
◎ Track your calories and distance for each workout! Tap the center dial to cycle through your stats.
◎ Voice alerts optimization
Thank you to our community of millions and millions of runners! We hope you love this update. If you haven't already, please join our amazing community of over 100,000 likes and 1000 personal success photos on Facebook.com/c25kfree. Meet other amazing individuals who are also starting the program or seek advice from the wonderfully helpful veterans who have finished. Join our active forums at forums.zenlabsfitness.com for any questions and help with getting started.
For support, contact us anytime! We answer each and every single email. email@example.com
Consistent and effective
I originally used the free version of this app - and rated it highly enough to buy this, as a part of the whole package of 10k, half and full marathon.
It worked for me as a fat 50 year old that needed to do something - I started in mid January and had completed my first park run of 5k at the end of March. I was ahead of target but went along to just see how I did. I switched to the 10k app shortly after as I decided that I was going to work up to a 10k in August.
I have not used the watch app, yet, but do like this on my iPhone - the key thing I have found is to ensure notifications are on - then I get the prompts I need, when I need them - and yes it does stack with run keeper !
So - having done 5k - why am I back using it - simple; I had an enforced lay off from jogging for six weeks and have used this to get back into jogging again with out running risk of injury etc
Needs more development
Firstly, respect that you offer a free app that goes through the whole program--I tried a couple of other C25K apps that only offered the first week or so. After trying the free version of this app, I upgraded to the Pro version primarily for the integration with the Apple watch, and so this review is primarily about that functionality. I have used it five times, but unfortunately feel that it still needs some work as at the moment it has been very frustrating.
- workout completion notification received on watch, but later when home and I looked at phone it showed 1:42 left, so not confident that the watch is showing times accurately
- have had trouble with the app running. Had to reinstall after the first time it didn't function properly, then today the app tried to start for about two minutes but then the watch just reverted to the main menu, and tapping the app reverted immediately to the main menu so had to restart the watch.
- on several occasions, the watch progress doesn't updated after one or two cycles, even though the ping/notification pops up on the watch saying to change pace, but the graphics stay the same colour and the timer doesn't change.
- It would be helpful if there were better instructions with some recommended settings to get started.
- the idea of the colours changing is good, but the size of the timer numbers are too small to read easily when running, both on the watch and on the phone, maybe offer a skin with a layout that is more friendly for those of us who need reading glasses!
- have the watch app stay alive when raising the wrist, the same as the Apple Workout app, without having to set the "Resume to" manually
- enable a ping/notification on the watch when the cycle changes even if the phone isn't locked, as I don't like having the voice notification on when around other people but the phone is too difficult to read whilst in it's running case in bright sunlight
Looking forward to future updates!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 08 June 2016
- Version: 3.7
- Size: 56.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Zen Labs LLC (CA)
- © 2016 Zen Labs Fitness
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.