Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by Calorie Count
By About, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Leading calorie counting service with logging-by-voice, 5 million members, offline functionality (iPod Touch + iPhone), and a 100% editorially curated food database that you can trust. Featured in The Today Show, The Wall Street Journal, MSNBC, Marie Claire, People Magazine, etc.
• Logging-by-voice (speak: “one bagel, one tablespoon cream cheese, …”)
• Barcode scanner (convenient when having access to the packaging)
• Local database with offline support (perfect for both, iPod Touch and iPhone users)
• Multi-Add (add several foods from multiple lists with just one action)
• Auto-completions of search phrases as you type them
• Easy retrieval of commonly eaten foods (Meals, Favorites, Recents, Custom)
EXTENSION OF CALORIECOUNT.COM:
• 2-way sync with the website (all logs are instantly updated)
• Detailed nutritional analysis (this level of detail wouldn’t fit on a phone screen)
• Vibrant community forums and groups (get support from fellow members)
• All foods come with a nutrition grade and pros/cons
• Intuitive graphical interface for nutritional analysis reports
• Daily blog articles featuring success stories and articles on effective dieting methods
Learn more at: www.caloriecount.com/mobile
What's New in Version 3.18
More iOS 8 bugfixes!
PLEASE FIX THE BUGS!
I love this app, honestly I do, but it's becoming less and less desirable to use if every time I have to input a custom food or favourite a new recipe, I have to use the desktop version! I emailed about the issues with the nutrients sections not working on the app and was promised an update soon and that was ages ago. The app won't let you favourite recipes or custom foods added to the account via the website or access them from the app either. It means that what I'm logging either takes an unnecessary amount of time to log or it gets logged inaccurately which means my stats are off. Plus the nutrition ratings (A-F) are inconsistent and meaningless, which isn't beneficial to anyone. I wouldn't even mind paying a small amount for an alternative app for Calorie Count if it actually worked properly. This is ridiculous, and I reported problems again this week, it's been crashing on me now, and still no response. I don't remember the last time you had an update - sort it out!!
Fix the bugs!
First of all I'll say that I like the app, it's very easy to use and tracks all the kind of things you'd like. Along with this the users are all very helpful and friendly. I'm mostly here to complain about the problems though as they really need addressing: first and foremost let me delete custom foods that I create or edit them after they've been created. Secondly when creating a custom food the optional vitamins and nutritional information screens need to work. There is no point in these screens being there if they don't work. Please sort these issues out as it makes the app very difficult to use.
Not a single barcode recognised
I like the app, it's very useful for me during carb cycling. However, not a single barcode is recognised so I have to manually put everything in which is time consuming when you're on the go. I'm not sure if this is because I am in England and it only registers US products? Please fix this for your UK users. Also it would be nice to have a sugar total as well as carb/fat/protein, along with being able to set your own goals as opposed to what the app 'believes' your goals should be. Thank you