Welcome to FatSecret, the easiest to use calorie counter and most effective weight loss and dieting app on the market. Best of all, FatSecret is free.
The app is customised for each country's foods and brands.
Keep track of your food, exercise and weight, using the world's highest quality food and nutrition database and connect with a global community of people looking to make a change for the better and start losing weight and achieve your goals the healthy way.
The app is available on Apple Watch and supports terrific Complications for your watch faces.
The app is fully integrated with the Health app which lets you share your data with other Health connected apps. In particular you can:
- sync your Health app calories burned and steps in FatSecret
- add all your foods and their detailed nutritional information to the Health app
- sync your weight to the Health app
FatSecret is fast, simple to use and includes integration with external tools and services to help you succeed with your diet:
- An easy to use food diary to plan and keep track of what you're eating.
- A wonderful community that's ready to provide support and turbo charge your weight loss.
- Image recognition of foods, meals and products so you can take photos with the camera and track nutrition with pictures.
- A barcode scanner and auto-complete functions.
- Health app, and Fitbit exercise tracking integration.
- An exercise diary to record all the calories you burn.
- A diet calendar to see your calories consumed and burned.
- A weight tracker.
- Detailed reporting and goals for all your calories and macros.
- Photo album. #Photodiet #Foodsnap #Instacalorie
- A journal to record your progress.
- Reminders for meals, weigh-ins and journals.
- Notifications for support, comments and followers.
- Fantastic recipes and meal ideas.
- Sharing and interacting with your professional of choice.
- Facebook and Google login.
The app syncs with FatSecret Professional, the most convenient way to share your food, exercise and weight with your preferred health professional. Your health professional will get free access to simple and powerful tools to monitor your performance and provide you with feedback, advice and support.
You can also sync your account online to access your info anywhere, any time.
Premium subscriptions are available for enhanced features to help you achieve your diet and weight management goals. Premium users get:
- Advanced Meal Planning: plan ahead and know in advance how many calories each meal contains
- Custom Meal Headings: Six additional meal types that allow you to spread your food intake across multiple points in the day
- Water Tracking: so you can make sure you reach a daily water intake goal
If you choose to upgrade to FatSecret Premium, we offer a range of subscription options:
Payment will be charged through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless cancelled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period at the same price and subscription type you previously purchased.
Subscriptions can be managed through your iTunes account after purchase. It is not possible to refund or cancel a subscription during the period.
We hope you'll love Calorie Counter by FatSecret. We are constantly working to improve the app and welcome user feedback.
- Shopping lists for meal planner
- Rename, duplicate and delete a meal plan
- Improvements to sign-in/registration
Ratings and Reviews
I used to use this app years ago and found it handy for a quick note of calorie intake and how much I should eat but I’m more into exercise and nutrients as well as weight loss. I have iron deficiency anemia and the iron count would really help me to manage my iron intake also on the Samsung (I now have an iPhone) the calories burned is taken into consideration when counting calories so even though I may have gone over by 80 kcal I needed it as I burnt it off and needed it. If Samsung health app can do it. Is it something that could be looked into to make the app better? Also being able to add your own nutrients you wish to keep check of (like my iron) would that be able to be included? That’s my only issues but I use 2 apps one of which is just for the pedometer and exercises. If that too could be included it would have so many incentives and benefits to using the app
Really great, just a few improvements would make it perfect.
I am so happy I found this app and I still can’t quite believe it’s free! It is really useful to count your cals with lots of foods already in the data base.
I love the social element and find it encouraging to see other people diaries. Also I like that you can tweet your cals and macros to suit your needs, so you could use it for different diet plans.
My only improvements would be on the exercise section. There isn’t anything for walking whilst pushing a heavy pushchair or baby wearing. Which as a mother is my main form of exercise! Also no hiking? Surely hill walking burns more calories than standard walking?
It’s a great AP, which allows you to eat whatever you, want as long as you put the food items on before consuming them. You can then see what the calories are and reduce the amount. There are no fixed recipes and you can eat what’s in your fridge.
It’s also good that it sends you reminders, which makes you enter what you’ve had for each meal&snack. Also tells you how many calories you have to cut back to reach your goal at a period of time you have set.
Overall, though, it depends on you entering everything you consume in a truthful manner...
- Secret Industries Pty Ltd
- 69.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 FatSecret
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription £5.99
- Quarterly Subscription £18.49
- Annual Subscription £35.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.