CameraVision - Visual Presenter
By Masayuki Akamatsu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"CameraVision" outputs the images of the built-in camera and the corresponding sounds from the built-in microphone to an external device such as a projector or a TV monitor. This application can be used similar to a "document camera (overhead projector)" or a "live camera" to project documents, objects, people or scenes onto a large screen. In addition, showing a still image from Photo Albums is possible. A dock/Lighting-connector adapter/cable can be used and the wireless transfer to Apple TV (AirPlay) is also supported.
The following adapters/cables are supported:
- Lightning to VGA Adapter
- Lightning Digital AV Adapter (HDMI)
- Apple VGA Adapter
- Apple Digital AV Adapter (HDMI)
- Apple Composite AV Cable
- Apple Component AV Cable
- Apple TV (2nd generation and later)
This application has the functions listed below. You can set them up easily using the buttons on the screen.
- Rear camera / front camera switching
- Camera image resolution switching from SD (640x480 pixels) up to Full HD (1920x1080 pixels)
- External display image resolution switching from SD (640x480 pixels) up to Full HD (1920x1080 pixels)
- Scale mode switching of "Fit", "Fill" or "Resize"
- Image rotation switching of "Rotatable" or "Fixed"
- Image pausing or playing
- Flash light switching
- Audio output from microphone
- Display of an on-screen pointer at touched position
- Display of a grid image - useful to adjust image projection
- Display of setting informations on an external display
- Image black out switching
- Automatic adjustment of focus, exposure and white balance
- Displaying a still image from Photo Albums
- Image zooming by double-tap or pinch
- Paused image saving and sharing
* These functions depend on devices and adapter/cables used.
* Please unplug and then plug your dock adapter/cable if no image is shown on the external display properly.
* Microphone input can be sent to an external speaker via HDMI, Composite or Component cable with the camera image. It can be sent wirelessly to Apple TV (AirPlay). When using a VGA cable, plug an audio cable to iPhone's headphone jack.
* To work with Apple TV, tap the home button twice, then go to the leftmost page, tap the AirPlay button, select your Apple TV and turn on mirroring.
iOS: Use AirPlay Mirroring
What's New in Version 2.0.1
- Showing a touch pointer on paused is supported.
- Showing a photo/image on iPad is supported.
It’s hard to find an app which displays only what the camera sees out of the second display. If you search for camera, you get cameras, if you search for visualiser, you get pattern generators, but I found this and it’s better than I expected.
I was doing a show with an illustrator and at the last minute the organiser asked for a visualiser to display the illustrator’s live drawing on the large screen. There was no budget for a HD camera so I found this app. I tested it on my iPhone 4s and 5s for half an hour the night before and it worked perfectly. It was great during the show too!
Fantastic app for presenters and a must have for AV technicians with great features.
Fraudulent. Does not work. Cannot even stream lowest Res
This. Does not work. Do not buy. Caveat emptor.
- Category: Business
- Updated: 29 January 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 0.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: 正行 Akamatsu
- © Masayuki Akamatsu
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.