Candide is an app for everyone interested in plants. Gardeners of all abilities can find inspiration and knowledge in one easy to use platform. Join a growing community that love nurturing plants and flowers, sharing tips, answering questions, and giving love to gardens. Identify a plant in seconds using Plant ID.
What will you find in the app?
A WONDERFUL COMMUNITY
• Access gardening tips, advice, and inspiration from our community of knowledgeable gardeners.
• Post a question and get an answer! Share your gardening and growing progress.
• Grow connections with like-minded people and become an expert gardener.
• Chat directly with gardening gurus from some of the top gardens in the country.
DISCOVER: OUR FREE GARDENING MAGAZINE
• Keep informed with daily news and be inspired by expert gardener’s articles.
• The Candide Herald delivers the latest in gardening news. Our journalists are out and about at shows and events, talking to growers and gardeners, finding the newest trends and bringing you must-read features from around the world. Read a daily newsfeed about all aspects of gardening, from global issues to local information.
• Sit back after a day in the garden with our weekend reads written by experts and members of the community. Follow and read about adventures in the allotment, the life of a professional gardener, and how to create an urban oasis while living in the city.
PLANT ID: IDENTIFY THAT PLANT
• Wondering what that plant is? Easy! Take a photo to get your plant identified with Plant ID.
• Share your plant matches with the community, ask for tips and gardening advice.
A KNOWLEDGE BASE
• Identify plants by accessing a comprehensive visual database.
• Search for plant care guides, and learn what might be suitable for your home and garden.
• Watch video guides and tutorials to expand your gardening skills.
• Research pests and diseases, and identify how to solve botanical problems.
• View collections and categories of plants; from houseplants, herbs, and bulbs, to annual bedding – Candide covers everything!
• Save groups of plants you want to buy or own; create a wishlist to take shopping with full botanical names and photos, so you know what to find!
GARDENS, NURSERIES AND AUDIO TOURS
• Find interesting gardens, nurseries, and garden centres wherever you are.
• Discover places you didn’t even know existed! Find opening times, addresses, website details, and phone numbers in an easy to use map.
• Listen to garden audio tours with commentary from the owners, curators, and gardeners at the best public gardens. Cambridge University Botanical Garden, Babylonstoren, Bishops Palace and Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens are some of our favourites.
• Going on holiday or want inspiration for a day out? This feature ensures you never miss a beautiful garden again, from National Trust properties and historic houses with gardens to the not so well-known hidden gems.
• Listen to the rich history and stories behind the gardens you visit. Garden audio tours create an easily accessible legacy of design and inspiration.
• Candide links gardens, garden centres, and growers to the community.
• Find a beautiful day out for the whole family – all generations can get involved.
• Easy to use, practical, and very handy!
“Since having the app, I have already discovered three garden centres local to me that I had no idea even existed!”
We passionately believe that gardening cultivates well-being for the mind and soul. Candide encourages everyone to reconnect with their gardens; we aspire to make gardening knowledge and expertise more accessible, and for everyone to experience the joy that comes from being surrounded by plants.
Get answers, inspiration, and share your progress. Now dig in!
• Improvements to signing up for a Candide account
• We exterminated a few bugs and made some general improvements.
Have a suggestion for how we can make Candide better? Let us know in the app by going to Profile > Settings > Contact us, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Plants, gardening and community.
I am still quite new but passionate to all things green. This app is wonderful. It’s worth a try if you are interested in any aspect of growing. The community is friendly, interaction on the app is second to none. You can post pictures or question what any plant is or care queries and you will get a great answer quickly.
You can post things you have made, the feed back is always good and very constructive. I could write an essay. But I will wrap this up. 5/5.
I Think there is much more to come. But even as this app is, it’s wonderful!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your feedback and welcome to the gardening community! We're so pleased you're enjoying it! :-)
Happy Gardeners 🌸🌱🍂
This app is great! A fellow gardening friend told me about it, I’m so glad he did! I love taking pictures & sharing them with others, so an app where I can share gardening related stuff is even better!!
It’s also great being able to help others with gardening questions or sharing tips & having any questions I have answered.
It’s the perfect app for all garden lovers!! 🌱🌻🌿🍂👌🏻
Developer Response ,
Hey ColbyAmes! You're an extremely valued member of the community!! Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. We love you!
Great tool for gardeners at all levels
Am loving this app. I only downloaded it a few weeks ago but have already learned a lot. Yes, it’s social gardening, but not tacky! It has something for the beginner without excluding the more experienced and vice versa. I am not a great gardener - but I love my garden (and other people’s gardens) and I love photography so it’s a great fit for me!
- Candide Limited
- 86.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Candide Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.