YOUR CAPITAL ONE ACCOUNT ON THE GO
We’re always looking to make things easier for you, so why not keep track of your Capital One accounts wherever you are with our free app. You’ll be able to:
• View your current balance
• Check your credit limit and how much you have available to spend
• Set up and view your Direct Debit
• See your latest transactions
• Check your payment information, like when and how much to pay next
• Make a payment to your Capital One card
• Register multiple cards to the app
To get started, you’ll need to register on the app using your Capital One credit card details, postcode and date of birth. For security, we’ll send you a one time activation code by text message to the mobile phone number registered on your Capital One account. You’ll need to enter this as part of the registration process. You can register your mobile number, as well as manage your account online at www.capitalone.co.uk where you can also set up a Direct Debit, SMS and email alerts, and more.
We've made a number of bug fixes and updates in the background that pave the way for new features coming soon.
Ratings and Reviews
Good but needs serious work
This is a good app in general but it does have some fundamental flaws. Firstly you brought out an update to allow users to view their pin on the app and it has not worked at all for me. Every time I go to the spot it should be, I get message saying it’ll be there when the bugs have been worked out. You should have worked the bugs out before launching the update. Secondly your payment plan option does not appear either. Although I do not personally need it , it is good to know I can use the app to set one up instead of having to spend 30 minutes on the phone. At least it would be good to know if you bothered to put it on the screen. Thirdly it seems to take at least 3 times as long to register that I have made a payment on the app. Other similar apps register a payment within a few hours of it being registered by my bank. I.e. if my account shows the money has gone out Monday evening, the app will show the payment received by Tuesday morning. This is not true of this app. Two other apps registered payments three and two days earlier that capital one despite the fact that they were all paid on the same day and capital one has the earliest payment date. It seems like the app has been designed to encourage late payments. If these three fundamental issues were sorted then this would be a 4/5 star app but at the moment it’s 1/2 star.
Personal details does not work; intermittent Touch ID
App is good for checking summary of card activity, and looks easy to use if you need to activate a new card or report a card lost/stolen (I have as yet not needed to use either of these functions).
However, there are issues:
- I cannot access my personal details via the app to check/amend them; every time I have tried to do this (in both iOS 10 and 11), I receive an on-screen message saying ‘Please call us. We were unable to retrieve your personal details’. Therefore, to be able to access/amend personal details I therefore have to continue using the website.
- Sometimes, Touch ID does not work - the Touch ID screen does not appear at all, or it appears but then rejects my fingerprint (despite this working without issue on other sites/apps where Touch ID is enabled).
Easy to use
Really good card to build your credit file , easy to use app and payments made easy , my credit score has gone up really good , only bad point I only have £500 limit which is a pain at times especially seeing as I have been with capital one for well over a year with no hint or intention to raise it , but with my credit in better shape I have been able to get a vanquis credit card with £1000 limit and has a cheaper apr so I use that more .
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.