Carbs & Cals - Count your Carbs & Calories with over 3,500 Food & Drink Photos!
By Chello Publishing
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Count your Carbs & Calories with over 3,500 Food & Drink Photos!
The revolutionary Carbs & Cals App contains over 3,500 photos of a wide range of popular food and drink items. The carbohydrate, calorie, protein, fat and fibre values are clearly displayed in colour-coded tabs above each photo.
With the Carbs & Cals App, there’s no need for scales or complicated calculations! Just compare the food on your plate to the photos in the App, choose the relevant portion size and get an instant view of the calories and nutrients in your portion.
Remember, it’s the thousands of food and drink photos that make the Carbs & Cals App truly unique. It’s THE ultimate way to count your carbs and calories!
• Carb counting in diabetes
• Calorie counting
• Weight loss
• Portion control
• General healthy eating
We’ve listened to customer feedback and in this version of the App you’ll find lots of new foods and a range of useful new features.
FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT, QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS, please email email@example.com and we'll be happy to help. You can also send us food suggestion ideas for the App at our website.
============= Features =============
• FOOD & DRINK PHOTOS: Contains databases for the UK (3,500+ photos), USA (2,000+ photos) and Portugal (900+ photos).
• NUTRITIONAL VALUES: Carbohydate, calorie, protein, fat and fibre values clearly displayed in colour-coded tabs above each photo.
• PORTION SIZES: Up to 6 portion photos for each food item.
• BRANDED FOODS: Including customer favourites such as Kellogg’s, Domino’s, Danone, Weetabix, Ryvita, Yakult, Dorset Cereals, Innocent, Alpen, Nakd and Ready Brek.
• FOOD CATEGORIES: 22 food categories (Biscuits & Crackers; Branded Foods; Bread; Breakfast; Cakes & Bakery; Desserts; Drinks; Eggs & Cheese; Fruit; Ingredients; Meal Accompaniments; Meals; Meat, Chicken & Fish; Nuts & Seeds; Potatoes; Rice, Pasta & Grains; Sauces & Spreads; Seasonal; Snacks; Take-away Food; Vegetables & Pulses; Yogurt).
• SEARCH FUNCTION: To help you find foods quickly and easily.
• DAILY TARGETS: Set your calorie and nutrient intake targets using the built-in BMI calculator.
• INTEGRATED FOOD DIARY: Store a breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3 snacks per day in the diary and keep track of the food & drink you consume each day.
• PAST MEAL HISTORY: Calendar function stores and views past meals for up to 2 years.
• MY FOODS: Take photos of your own foods and add them to a customised list in the App.
• RECIPE BUILDER: To calculate the calories & nutrients (per portion) in a recipe.
• CARBOHYDRATE/CALORIE COUNTING GUIDE: Useful information on carbohydrates and calories.
• GRAPHICS: High-resolution graphics for retina displays.
• ONLINE MODE: Images are stored on a server to use less storage on your device).
• OFFLINE MODE: Images are downloaded to your device for use when no Internet access is available (e.g. in restaurants, on holiday, and when out and about).
• Compiled by Chris Cheyette BSc (Hons) MSc RD, Diabetes Specialist Dietitian & Yello Balolia BA (Hons), Photographic Artist.
• • • • • Customer Feedback • • • • •
“Perfect in every way! Very very helpful and professional!!”
“This is brilliant for anyone who needs to count their Carbs and Calories!”
“A must for diabetics.”
“Very useful for losing weight.”
“Well worth the purchase price - I can see me referring to this quite often.”
“Gives a real representation of how many carbs are in different portion sizes, and this is invaluable in carb counting.”
“Guesstimates are often way out, so this is a huge help.”
What's New in Version 3.3
Exercise Area - Bug Fix
Optimised for IOS 7
This is a great app - I have used it to track carbs, fat and calories over the last twelve so so months and with the help of this app I have lost a little over 5 stone in weight - I only wish you could set manual targets in the app - I have moved on to a Keto diet now and the targets that I set will change when I change another value ! Eg I want to set carbs to 25 g which is fine until I change the fat target which then resets the 25 g set for carbs - frustrating but only a minor hiccup - maybe this can be fixed in the next version !?
Great idea, but not everything works
I have the book, so getting the app was a no brainier. The food diagrams are great and very helpful. My only issues are that there seems to be stuff like 'American pancakes' but simple items such as Fruit and Fibre are nowhere to be found. As another reviewer points out - the option is there to add exercise, but it's not possible to add a time, change the date or add a duration.
Would be great if the app sync' with other apps so that we don't have to input data in so many different apps.
But thank you for the option to see the carb count of most meals while out and about - very useful.
The app is great, really helps me keep an updated list of what I am eating and what I should probably be eating more of. The downside is that j cannot seem to be able to add exercise, if I try to change the time, it give me no options along with the date and the duration of exercise. Granted, it I would pay for the app, but I am disappointed as what I had to pay to get it, far too much. Overall it's a good app.