By Zhaoyong Jing
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Looking for carrot recipes? Carrot Recipes has more than 3000 carrot recipes. Find a delicious carrot recipe including carrot cake recipes, carrot salad recipes and more carrot recipes. Carrot recipes are very nutritious and easy to prepare healthy recipes.
Carrots help to maintain acidic & alkaline properties in the system it is an invigorating & energizing tonic for eyes, skin, bones, heart & muscles of the body. Carrot is blood purifier, diuretic, carminative, digestive, anti flatulent, anti pyretic and vermifuge.
Have you had your carrots today? Maybe you don't realise there are 10 very good reasons why you should be eating this wonderful vegetable every day.
1. They taste good. Carrots have a mild, pleasant flavour that is great by themselves or blended with other foods.
2. Carrots can be eaten cooked or raw. Crunchy or soft, from soups to salad, it's entirely up to your mood or your menu.
3. Kids (even toddlers) like the mild taste of carrots.
4. Raw carrots are great to carry in a sack lunch, to your next picnic, or in the car when you are on the go.
5. Carrots are available and in season all year long.
6. Carrots are inexpensive all year.
7. They are a great source of Vitamin A and Beta Carotene. Vitamin A is very important for healthy skin, eyes, hair , growth, and helps our bodies resist infections. Beta Carotene is linked to reducing chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
8. Carrots are a good source of fibre. Fibre is important of our gastrointestinal tracts and is linked to reducing cholesterol in our bodies.
9. Carrots are low in calories. One average carrot contains about 30 calories.
10. Carrots are a great source of alpha carotene, probably more powerful than beta carotene in inhibiting processes that may lead to tumour growth.
Try to eat a carrot a day. Here's how:
The basic rule of this diet is to add a carrot at or near the beginning of every meal. Why should this work? This works because a bulky carrot at or near the meal's beginning leaves no room in the stomach at the meal's end for the extra ice-cream or cheesecake. That saves perhaps 500 calories a day, which translates to a weight loss of about a pound a week. Even plain water at the beginning of a meal will tend to create a full feeling in the stomach sooner in the meal. This will reduce the amount of food consumed at the end. But eating carrot is more fun.
Getting your carrot-a-day is easy, considering the vegetable's versatility and blendability. And subtlety: carrots enhance but don't overwhelm. Here are ways to put power on your table.
Cook grated carrots with beans, split peas, lentils, rice, pastas. Good in stuffing. Try them roasted - split large carrots lengthways and brush with a little oil then put on a roasting tray in a 200c oven for about 45 minutes until tender and browned. Try roast carrots, potato, sweet potato and pumpkin serve with steamed green vegetables and a nice sauce.
Toss grated carrot with potatoes for hashbrowns. (Toss in grated zucchini and minced onion, too.)
Add to sauces, white or red. Grated carrots give body and impart subtle flavour, and they fit any tomato or creamy soup, sauce, or casserole.
Mix finely-ground carrots into peanut butter. New kind of crunch. (If you want to make a really GOOD Peanut Butter & carrot sandwich, smoosh in a banana.)
Hot and Cold Salad: Sautè onion, green pepper, and grated or finely sliced carrots. Remove from heat and pour your preferred salad vinegar over hot veggies. (It will hiss and steam.) While hot, add to chilled salad greens. Toss and serve.
Herb and Vegetable Bread or Biscuits: To your regular dough, add finely grated carrots; minced onion (dried flakes or fresh green); parsley; garlic powder; sprinkle of basil and skosh of oregano or sage. We like to add some dried or pesto tomatoes and a few hearty shakes of parmesan cheese.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Released: 17 March 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 66.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Zhaoyong Jing
- © JimmyStudio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.