Fun, feature-packed and fully customisable – ChatAble takes AAC to the next level!
Who’s it for?
Designed for those who are unable to write or speak, possibly due to autism, cerebral palsy, down's syndrome or developmental disabilities.
What does it do?
ChatAble provides a grid of symbols (using PCS symbols or your own images) that can be pressed to speak the word and construct sentences. It uses augmentative and alternative Communication (AAC) methods to promote language development and improved communication skills.
Parents, teachers and therapists can create and share page sets in minutes with the intuitive set up.
Extensive customisation options let you change the appearance to suit your needs or preferences. ChatAble is compatible with iOS accessibility settings, letting people with a range of physical, cognitive, and language abilities use it too. Communicate at home, at school, or with family and friends.
Pages can be linked together for easy navigation from one page to the next. Speak your message with ChatAble’s high quality text to speech voices, available in a range of English accents (British, American or Australian), including two children’s voices. There’s even the option of adding an emoticon sound alongside your text, to display surprise, anger, or laughter! Sharing your message outside of the app is simple.
If you want to type out your message, ChatAble has two inbuilt keyboards on offer, as well the Apple keyboard. ChatAble will search vocabulary as you type (looking through all cells you’ve set up, as well as your speech history and words from the database). Phrase & Symbol search can really speed up message writing.
You can also create a free account on our cloud and start backing up your ChatAble data. It will automatically sync all your content so, no matter where you’re logging in from, you’ll have all the same pages and settings!
No in-app purchases, one price gives access to all features, voices and PCS symbols
• Create scene and hybrid pages and use ChatAble as a scene-based communication
• Use images from your own gallery, take photos or use the safe web search function in your cells, folders and hotspots.
• Clever Core vocabulary: 3 different core vocabularies (for Kids, Teen and Adults).
• Symbol prediction based on the user history, making it easy to tap on the most used symbols and phrases.
• 18000 PCS Symbols (Classic, Addendum, Thin Line and High Contrast).
• Analytics section where you can see your progress (words and messages spoken, average message length, unique words).
• Therapy Box high quality voices: 2 American children voices and 24 adult English language voices in a variety of accents.
• ModelTalker Voice Banking allows you to use your own synthesised voice to communicate.
• Use the TTS, record your own message, use an emote or an iTunes songs in your cell or hotspot.
• Add any media you want to a cell or a hotspot (record a video, use a Youtube video, or open a webpage).
• Fitzgerald colour key coding: turn it on to automatically associate a colour to each cell to easy identify the word type.
• Naturally: our new grammar support. Tap and hold on a cell to see other words in the same family.
• Create a free account on our cloud and keep your contents safe. No need to backup manually!
• Create a Communication book with your favourite pages. Print it or share it through email.
• Use the Visual Timetable to plan your week.
• Play time section with a sensorial game, a sketch book and a music and video player to just relax.
Educational institutions are eligible for a 50% discount through Apple's volume purchase program
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.