ChatAble - symbol and scene based communication app
By Therapy Box Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
So, what can you do with ChatAble? Create and use symbol based grids, or use photos to make visual scene displays, or take both and create a hybrid page – with ChatAble, the possibilities are truly endless! ChatAble is an easy to use communication aid application designed for people with communication difficulties who benefit from symbol and photo support. Parents, teachers and therapists can create page sets in minutes with an intuitive set up. The customisation options are truly extensive, enabling people with a range of physical, cognitive, and language abilities the opportunity to use the app to communicate at home, at school, or with their family and friends.
Create, use and share pages using a combination of grids, visual scenes and hybrids – all linked together for easy use. Speak your message with ChatAble’s high quality text to speech voices, available in a range of English speaking British, American or Australian accents. There’s even the option of adding an emoticon sound alongside your text, so as so display surprise, anger, or laughter! Sharing your message is simple, just choose from email, twitter, or Facebook. Thanks to the backup option, pages can be backed up and saved, so it’s easy to share them with other students or friends too!
ChatAble offers a range of accessibility options and settings, including using the inbuilt iOS switch access, meaning that you can adjust the app’s use and appearance to suit you!
Fun, feature-packed and fully customisable – ChatAble takes AAC to the next level!
VOLUME PURCHASE PROGRAM
Educational institutions are eligible for a 50% educational discount through Apple's volume purchase program
• Create grids using cells and folders
• 12, 000 Widgit Symbols for you to use
• Use images from your own gallery or take photos on your device to create visual scene displays with hotspots
• Create hybrid pages with cells, symbols and visual scene displays
• 14 high quality Nuance Voices – 5 American, 4 British, 2 Australian, 1 Irish, 1 Scottish, 1 South African
• 9 high quality Loquendo Voices – 4 American, 3 British, 2 Australian with emoticons to add laughter, crying and whistling to your messages
• ModelTalker Voice Banking allows you to use your own synthesised voice to communicate
• Emoticons to add emotion to your messages or to get attention
• Handwriting input option
• Keyboard input option
• Skype with friends and family using ChatAble’s voice to communicate
• Share pages via email, Dropbox, or on the Cloud
• Send messages via email, Twitter, or Facebook
• Link cells to music, movies and website links
• Switch scanning enabled using the iOS framework
• Range of colours for cells and text
• Range of font sizes and types
• ‘Recents’ page view where you can search your pages
• Force delay setting to limit the impact of tremor or mis-hits
• Key hold time to reduce the likelihood of triggering a button mistakenly
• Auditory feedback
What's New in Version 2.4
*Hide Back button Option
*Hide Settings Button Option
*New QuickStart Guide
*Edit Scene Titles
*Small bug fixes in Grid Setup
- Category: Education
- Updated: 21 March 2016
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 639 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Finnish, French, German, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Therapy Box Limited
- © Therapy Box Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.