With Chekk, users are empowered through the mobile data wallet app to own their Digital Identity and control what data they share, and businesses get a secure platform (web portal, API) for seamless data requests and on-going customer interactions (eg., customer due diligence at on-boarding and refresh; OCR & verification of ID; secure messaging for chats, offers, alerts, statements).
As a user, the Chekk mobile app enables you to store and manage your personal data (eg., ID, driving licence, bank and insurance details...), create personal profiles combining data (eg., Bank profile with ID, accounts and policies details; Travel profile with passport, hotel and frequent flyer cards), and share these with others by granting access to your data through the mobile app or via email. It makes your life easier when you need to look up for your data to fill a form or share some of these with a business (eg., bank, travel agent...) And it’s also a central place for you to receive messages (eg., offers, alerts) from the businesses your interact with.
Your data is fully secure and encrypted at a user and data level, in a way that even us can’t see it. We use the best industry-tested and accepted standards for password hashing and salting, and your full password itself is never sent to Chekk servers and as such we can’t decrypt the encrypted data stored on our server (every time you enter new data in Chekk, new symmetric keys are generated to store these specific data).
Chekk has been featured by the World Economic Forum in their Digital Identity report, selected by Facebook to join their first-ever accelerator and by Citi Group through the Tech4Integrity programme (with awards from Microsoft and IBM), and is actively engaging with regulators and businesses (eg., banks, insurers...) around the world to facilitate interactions between them and their customers.
- One of the first startups in Facebook’s Startup Garage. Sheryl Sandberg (COO, Facebook) said during the press conference: "We're excited to support a new generation of startups with enormous potential"
- World Economic Forum: "Chekk allows users to own, manage and share their personal information (...) the user is in control and their privacy is protected"
- Finalist of UBS Future of Finance and Citi Group Tech for Integrity (T4I) global initiative (with awards received from Microsoft and IBM)
- Selected by Standard Chartered and Allianz in the SuperCharger programme
- Featured in articles on Tech Crunch, Business Insider, Forbes, the Financial Times, VentureBeat, Wired, Fortune, France 24, The Standard, BFM Business, Capital, Les Echos, Le Monde, etc.
New version enabling:
- PDF file option to complete some data points (eg., for your passport), in addition to previously available methods (including photo, library, Magic Scan / OCR...)
- Better management of your personal cards (which group your data for easier access, update and sharing)
- OCR (Optical Characters Recognition) on more ID cards, in addition to the OCR already previously available for most passports around the world
- Improvements of performance, stability and security
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.