ChemPencil is a powerful and easy to use Mac App for drawing organic molecules.
ChemPencil tools and features include:
• Draw bonds and molecules in ACS standardized style.
• Label heteroatoms directly in the drawing without losing sight of your document.
• Add common abbreviations to atom’s labels.
• Heteroatom’s labels rearrange conveniently when rotating the molecule.
• Represent bond stereochemistry with hashed and bold bond type.
• Ring building tools to draw aromatic and aliphatic rings.
• Add text to the document for example for naming a molecules or naming a reaction scheme.
• Export or email your document as a PDF.
• Select and copy molecules in ChemPencil and paste them directly in your Keynote document.
• Calculation and plot of isotopic distribution graph.
- Grid and rulers.
- Customize elements fonts and colors.
- Several bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Crashes every time!
Download today. MacBookPro completely up to date. Chempencil would not accept text entry and crashed every time.
Requested refund and waiting for this to be processed.
missing a few things
I'd like to be able to draw normal structural formulae, e.g. of alkanes... not only phenols and other fancy things. Please add this feature. Also I don't see how to move/drag molecules I've drawn.
like the idea but not worth it
no benzene (delocalised model) and very hard to get good looking molecules.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.