By Gambit Publications
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ever wanted to read your favourite chess books and be able to instantly play over the moves on screen? The revolutionary new Chess Studio, from renowned chess publishers Gambit, enables you to do that, and more. After downloading the free app, purchase your choice of classic chess e-books from the Gambit library and begin.
• text laid out in usual clear Gambit style
• play over moves and variations on screen
• accompanying text scrolls automatically
• tap any chess move and the position appears on the board
• easily navigate through complex variations
• search function for words, phrases, player names
• move swiftly between games and chapters
• choice of layout options - including flip board
• free sample text available to try out the app
Chess Studio represents an enjoyable and portable new way of reading chess books, designed by chess players for chess players. Overseeing every aspect of the app design was Grandmaster John Nunn, one of the best-respected figures in the chess world and three-times World Chess Solving Champion.
What's New in Version 2.1.0
The book library has been reworked to accommodate the growing selection of books. The store is now arranged into categories and has a search function. You can now also rearrange the books you own.
Another addition is that you can now long press the board to copy the current position to the clipboard.
- Category: Books
- Updated: 11 May 2015
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 19.5 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Gambit Publications Ltd
- © Gambit Publications
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Gambit Free SamplesFree
- Solving in Style£7.99
- Understanding Chess Move by Move£10.49
- Understanding Chess Endgames£10.49
- John Nunn's Chess Course£10.99
- A Strategic Chess Opening Repertoire for White£10.99
- Understanding Chess Middlegames£10.49
- Mastering the Chess Openings Volume 1£10.49
- Fundamental Chess Openings£10.99
- Win with the London System£8.99