In June of 2012 my wife and I welcomed our son Mason into the world. He was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis and as a dad I wanted to do something to make a difference. During his chest pt I found it quite annoying to constantly be watching the clock and trying to do the math of how many minutes have gone by. That's when I decided to begin developing this app not only for my use but to share with other CF parents.
This app allows you to set total positions, minutes per position and a rest period between positions (we know how tiring your wrist can get). It will also alert you when it's time to change positions.
***Why this app over other interval timers***
- Its Free and has no ads.
- Its built exclusively to serve as a timer for cystic fibrosis patients. It doesn't contain all the unnecessary features that complicate most other interval timers.
- Includes a "good job" screen when all positions completed to reward your child. This can also be customized with your child's name.
- Doesn't feature a big countdown clock that seems to cause time to crawl. Simple graphic that is a little more fun to watch.
- Customize the sound used to indicate the end of each position.
- Choose to include a rest period between positions, this would also give you time to move your child into a new position.
- Set up daily reminders to alert you to begin your child's manual chest physical therapy.
- Simple and intuitive interface just in case you have your hands full with your child.
- Give us your feedback on our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ChestPT or via the comment field below. I want to do everything I can to make this a helpful tool.
-- Fixed iOS 8 menu display problems
Ratings and Reviews
Thank u do much for making our life easier!!! Really helpful!!!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.