If you’re visiting Chester anytime soon don’t miss out on the great new way to experience the city.
Walls Quest is a new GPS game-based guide to Chester. If you’ve never visited Chester before you’ll see everything the city has to offer, including the shops, the racecourse, the Cathedral, the castle - and all whilst having fun on the famous Walls. If you already know Chester well then you’ll be able to find out even more about the history of this fascinating city.
For instance did you know that:
– Chester was originally founded in AD 74-5 as a Roman fortress called Deva?
– That East Gate Clock is the second most photographed clock in the country after Big Ben?
– That the leading Anglo-Saxon warriors wore more ‘bling’ than most hip-hop stars?
Walls Quest challenges you to move around Chester’s City Walls using the GPS Quest map, taking part in challenges to earn points and unlock rewards that you can play long after your visit. You’ll be able to watch a video of Queen Aethelflaed rallying her troops right on the spot where you’re standing, take photos of yourself as a Roman gladiator, and hear directly from some of the characters that make up Chester’s illustrious history.
This is the most enjoyable way to experience Chester’s Walls using your phone. It’s incredibly simple, and yet insanely addictive once you get started – can you complete the circuit and rise to the top of the Walls Quest leaderboard? You’ll come away knowing a whole raft of interesting facts and stories that you can impress your friends with, and all this is completely free.
Good luck with your Walls Quest!
* Walls Quest requires the built-in GPS of the phone or tablet device;
* Devices without a built-in camera won’t be able to complete the photo challenges;
* Due to the nature of Walls Quest we ask you to be careful whilst using this app in Chester. You will be crossing roads and walking through public spaces so please be vigilent of hazards and obstacles. You are fully responsible for your actions whilst playing this game and by playing the game you hold Chester Renaissance and Cheshire West and Chester Council and all subsideries harmless for any and all subsequent consequences of your actions.
* Please report any issues on our website so we can continue to improve your experience – visit www.explorethewalls.com/wallsquest
Ratings and Reviews
This app is a classic do it yourself guide which anybody of any age can use and enjoy.
Saves money on hiring a walls guide and can be used as a mini competition between friends. 10/10
Educational and amusing
For anybody visiting Chester this app is a must see. Very informative in a light hearted way and the quiz is a challenge that broadens your knowledge of Chester and entertains at the same time. I recommend it.
A great app
Full of interesting facts as you navigate your way around the Walls of Chester.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.