Child's Play - games for toddlers, pre-schoolers, young children and the under fives
By The Happy Mongoose Company Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Child's Play is an app that is literally bursting at the seams with fun games for the under fives. They will delight in tapping the screen to join in with the simple and colorful games, whether they be popping bubbles, tapping open a piñata, or launching beautiful fireworks above a storybook village at night. There is no reading required, and young children will love being able to join in without any help from mum or dad. There's no violence, no failure and no tears - just fun games that pre-schoolers can pick up and play.
Here's what real parents are saying about Child's Play on the App Stores:
* Brilliant. My toddler loved it. Kept her busy for hours!
* Must have!!! My kids loved it great game a must have especially to make them behave :)
* Fantastic little app. My 18 month old loves it. What more could you want for a couple of quid - ideal !!
* Happy Mommy!!! I'm a mother of a four year old and 8 month old and this app has games they both like! It's easy for my four year old and my 8 months old cracks up watching the bubbles pop and the firecrackers snap! Awesome app! One more star if it had more FREE games! [In response, we've added another free game, and now, at certain times of the year, use the app to 'like' our Facebook page and you can upgrade for free.]
* SO cute!!! The bubble game is too adorable! My 2 yr old, who is not amused by ANYTHING is entertained for...at least 5 minutes! :) Love it; will eventually purchase.
* My kids love it. Nice colourful graphics, easy pace for very young children.
To be fair, not everyone liked it:
* Dreadful. It constantly crashes freezes and I bought the other levels which I have to keep renewing Do not buy this its simply rubbish
Child's play is free to download, and comes with four free games to keep, forever:
* Fireworks - launch fireworks up into the night sky and watch them explode into a shower of color.
* Bubbles - pop shimmering bubbles as they float across the screen.
* Frogs - make the frogs jump up to catch the fly buzzing across the top of the screen.
* Piñata - tap the piñata until it breaks, then catch the candy as quickly as you can.
Upgrade to the full version to get access to all these extra games:
* Trampolining - make the athlete bounce up and down on the trampoline and perform tricks.
* Splat - make splat shapes appear on screen to squelching sound effects, and then watch them drip down the screen.
* Star catcher - guide the spaceship to collect the happy stars, but avoid the asteroids!
* Sunshine - chase away the rain clouds to reveal the sun and make a beautiful rainbow appear.
* Beat blocks - light up your iPhone with shapes, sounds and colors.
* Tap chase - tap the moving target as quickly as you can to create a shower of stars.
* Light switch - young children will enjoy turning the different colored light bulbs on and off (and there are some mystery 'odd one out' shapes to look out for too!)
* Happy birthday - blow out the candles on the birthday cake and enjoy the celebrations.
* Fish - make the fish swim across the beautiful coral reef.
* Flower - grow your own colorful flowers against a grassy hillside.
* Peekaboo - play peekaboo with the worms as they jump up and down in the farmer's field.
* Spaceship - count down from 5 to launch a spaceship and watch it soar across the night sky.
* Flipboard - trace your finger across the screen to make colorful shapes and swirls.
Child's Play has been road tested by the most demanding clientele on the planet: the under fives.
Note: Child's Play is intended as a diversion for young children, not for extended play.
What's New in Version 1.41
* Added child lock, to prevent children accidentally accessing social media services / in app purchases etc.
Good app but...
This app is a nice idea, with lots simple games which will entertain for a few mins at a time. The animations and pictures are very basic but a 1 year old is not going to care. However, I thought it very cheeky that if you are interested in purchasing the other games there is no mention of price before the button to buy! You will have to hunt for it on the app page!
Great for my 14 month old with cause and effect style activities. Super sound effects and added little details make this interesting and fun!
How much is the full version!
I agree this app is brilliant but I cannot find the price for the full version.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: 11 September 2013
- Version: 1.41
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: THE HAPPY MONGOOSE CO LTD
- © Sarah Currigan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock all games£1.49