Just plug Chip, the automatic money app, into your bank account and we’ll automatically stash money away for you. You won’t feel a thing and before you know it, you’ll have a big chunk of cash squirrelled away.
Join the 100,000+ who are making their goals happen. We’ve processed over £100 million already and are ready to help you too.
Sign up and start today.
• Automatic saves - Using your transaction data and our AI we calculate what you can afford to save and stash it away, automatically.
• Save without feeling it - We’ve analysed more than 160 million transactions to build a clever AI that can keep you putting money away, without affecting your day-to-day spending.
• Feel good about your money - Whether you’re spending big, times are tight, or even if you’re in your overdraft, we can help you put away some money.
• Achieve your goals - You can track your progress towards your goals in the app. Get out of your overdraft. Go on the trip of a lifetime. Put down a deposit on a home. Whatever you want to do, Chip will help you create a stash for it.
• Instant access - Withdraw your money from Chip whenever you want, you can move your money into your bank account on the same day.
• Simple and secure setup - It only takes a few minutes to create your Chip account and connect it to your bank.
• Connect with all major banks - Chip securely connects with Barclays, HSBC, Santander, Lloyds, NatWest, Nationwide, RBS, TSB, Halifax, First Direct, Co-operative Bank and Metro Bank accounts.
• Bank-grade security - Your data is protected by bank-grade 128+ bit encryption.
No update too small, no announcement too big...
We’ve made a few small (tiny) visual tweaks to the app, the very beady eyed might spot them.
Other than that, there’s some stuff we’ve done behind the scenes, to make things smoother.
Ratings and Reviews
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Not sure if the team at Chip even read these reviews but I wanted to say a great big THANK YOU because with your help I've succesfully saved for my dream travelling holiday. I have the 5% interest (I was a very early sign up so got this without refering people which proabbly does make it slightly more appealing to me then than it does now) which is miles better than anything else on the market. Whilst my friends were trying all these small tips and tricks to put away money I knew that I had a handy little app which put my spare cash away for me. Like a few reviews I've read, I did experience a few technical issues but on every occasion I was quickly able to be connected through live chat to a member of staff who resolved the problem for me. I think the interface is super user-friendly and it really makes saving more of a fun achievement than a chore. Having the quarterly interest payments incentivised me not to withdraw money on a whim, like I have done with other savings accounts. Also, there have been occasions where chip have messed up but everytime the problems have been resolves quickly, efficiently and professionally.
This review probably sounds like I've been paid to write it or that i'm a member of staff (that's what I normally expect from a great review) but I honestly just love this saving app.
Thanks a lot and if you haven't got it yet, get on it!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your lovely comment! We're delighted that you're enjoying using the app, and have managed to save up for your dream holiday! Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do to make your user experience even better :)
Works brilliantly at saving for you
I’ve used this app for quite a few months now and wanted to see how well it works before I posted a review. I have very little income as I only work part time and I really didn’t think it would be possible to save anything as I’m barely left with £10 at the end of the month. I’ve managed to save £80 not including a couple of withdrawals I’ve done. It may not seem a lot but every penny counts. It hasn’t messed any bills up yet that are on direct debit as it knows what’s to be paid and when by giving the app access to see your account and it sets up a direct debit to withdraw money into your chip account. I have withdrawn money from chip before and it was quick and easy. It really couldn’t be any simpler and hassle free. I would definitely recommend it even if you're only income is benefits as you maybe able to put aside a couple of quid here and there. As it’s not a part of my normal banks online banking I’m a lot less likely to withdraw because I don’t see the money sitting there!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review! Keep on Chippin' :)
Sadly I’ve left Chip
I used to really enjoy receiving messages from Chip telling me how much I was going to save that week and seeing the balance going up. Sadly, since the upgrade to Chip 2.0 I have left the system and withdrawn my money. It is now mandatory to link your bank card to the account to make instant saves, something I don’t want to do. Unfortunately unless I link my bank card automatic saves no longer happen. I know that it doesn’t make much difference to do so as my bank account was already linked but I strongly feel that people should have the choice whether they want to do so or not. In fact I messaged Chip a short while ago to ask if it was necessary to link a bank card and was told that you could still use the system without the bank card link. When automatic saves didn’t restart I contacted Chip again, this time to be told that it was mandatory to link your bank card. It probably doesn’t matter a jot to most people but to me it does, hence the closure of my account. Just another example of customers being told what to do without having a choice.
Developer Response ,
I'm really sorry to see that you are having issues with the app. Can you please contact a member of our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org? We would love to help you further!
- Chip Financial Ltd
- 86.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Chip Financial Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.