Choice of the Dragon
By Choice of Games LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Tyrannize the kingdom as a fire-breathing dragon who sleeps on gold and kidnaps princesses for fun!
"Choice of the Dragon" is a thrilling interactive novel by Dan Fabulich and Adam Strong-Morse, where your choices control the story. The game is entirely text-based--30,000 words, without graphics or sound effects--and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Battle heroes, wizards, and rival dragons in your insatiable thirst for gold and infamy. Start by dominating a local tribe of goblins, then usurp the kingdom, defending and expanding your despotic regime to annex neighboring kingdoms, incinerating the peasants in their thatched-roof cottages.
O, mighty dragon, spread your wings and let your shadow fall over the terrorized nation beneath you!
• Play as male, female, neither, or an undetermined gender
• Find and seduce another dragon to be your mate
• Kidnap princesses for good conversation, to bait heroes, or for a light snack
• Isn't it a little sexist to always kidnap princesses? Kidnap a prince instead
• Ransack holy temples, blaspheming against vengeful gods
What's New in Version 1.4.0
• Now available in Spanish!
• You can now change the background color of the text. Your choice of black, white, or sepia.
• You can change the size of the text, too. Bigger or smaller, it's up to you.
If you enjoy playing "Choice of the Dragon," please leave a written review of this version of the game. It really helps!
If you are a fan of the old page turning adventure books and maybe even if you are too young to know of them, I truly recommend this fantastic blast to the past.
An honest great game. Proof you don't need fancy graphics and massive cut scenes to enjoy game apps.
And the genuine feeling of upset if you make a bad choice. I played it many times changing my choices. But also noticed that it sometimes changed the responses to the same choice.
Pretty good for a free game
I wouldn't pay the full £5 to remove the ads as I'm not sure the game is worth that much. The Fighting Fantasy games are cheaper for arguably better content.
That said, for a free game it is pretty entertaining and worth your time. There's a moderate amount of replay-ability but if you don't pay for it, you have to wait 20 mins before you can retry. I like that the narrator talks to you directly which gives the game some quirkiness.
If it was £2 instead of £5, I'd pay for it and I'd definitely play similar games by the same devs.
I've had this game on my iOS devices pretty much since I got them. That was probably about 7 years ago, but I still play it. Brilliantly done game, great fun, and I recommend it to my friends a lot.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 27 April 2017
- Version: 1.4.0
- Size: 18.2 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Developer: Choice of Games LLC
- © 2010-2015 Dan Fabulich and Adam Morse
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Advertising£4.99
- Restart the Game Once£0.99