Chrome - web browser by Google
By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Browse fast on your iPhone and iPad with the Google Chrome browser that you love on desktop. Pick up where you left off on your other devices, search by voice and save up to 50% of data usage while browsing.
• SYNC ACROSS DEVICES – seamlessly access and open tabs and bookmarks from your laptop, phone or tablet
• DATA SAVINGS – reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• FASTER BROWSING - choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• VOICE SEARCH - use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• TRANSLATE - easily read webpages in any language
• UNLIMITED TABS - open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them like a deck of cards
• PRIVACY - use Incognito* mode to browse without saving your history (learn more at http://goo.gl/WUx02)
What's New in Version 42.0.2311.47
• Start searching and browsing faster: quick access to Voice Search and open new tabs from the Today View
• Ergonomically-designed: Pull to reload and open/close tabs
• Support for iOS App Extensions, such as 1Password and LastPass
• Easily open links copied from other apps
Good but bookmark manager required
Decent browser which ticks the minimum required in a modern iOS browser. Voice search is excellent, best out there. But, bookmark manager is tired and almost unusable and needs updated. It's a grid if icons with very little space for text. What would it take to change the grid to a list of rows? I'm guessing not very much so come on Google, do the right thing and change this from a a decent browser to a brilliant browser. Sort out the Bookmark Manager.
Finally I'm no longer forced to use safari because chrome supports Lastpass. I think it could be implemented in a little better however, like in Safari.
Also the buttons at the top are hard to reach on larger devices like the 6/6 plus, there does need to be some form of lower navigation or better swipe gestures.
Runs poorly on iPhone 6 Plus
I'm seriously fed up of constantly crashing at the first sign of a slightly code-heavy page. MoneySupermarket...crash. OverclockersUK...crash. Rockstar Social Club...crash. Autotrader...crash. Seriously, what the hell has happened to this browser. It used to be so reliable for me and now I'm having to switch back to safari just because Chrome can't handle anything remotely intense. Ridiculous. I hope you guys sort it soon.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 16 April 2015
- Version: 42.0.2311.47
- Size: 71.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.