With the Google Home app, you can set up and control your Chromecast, Google Home and other Assistant speakers.*
Get the most out of your devices with the latest features, tips and offers.
One place to browse and play your available music, TV shows and films from the services you love.
Pause, play or change the volume of your video or audio streams.
Google Home and speaker settings
Control settings such as your default music provider or your location, and link compatible devices such as smart lights, thermostats and Chromecast devices.
Create speaker groups with compatible devices and enjoy music playback across your home.
Customise your TV screen with beautiful imagery. Control settings such as your device name, and discover apps, offers and content.
* some features may not be available in all regions
• Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
When changing WiFi settings it’s a nightmare! The instructions could be simplified but seem difficult for the sake of it! Some instructions it gives for this task are impossible to perform due to the tabs not being available! Bluetooth connection isn’t always working even when in range. Giving instructions when music is playing requires VERY loud shouting which often results in having to physically picking up the device to stop it and google isn’t able to pick up on difficult words or names of singers! Considering buying Alexa. Why google mini doesn’t have a cordless facility with battery back up is beyond me, in modern times I’d have thought that was a given, was quite disappointed from day one that it doesn’t!
Google Cast A1, 5 * all the way.
I've not used my cast device for ages, it's the 1st one they sold, so eventually I realised that I needed to push the reset button on the cast device, then it would not work with my router, Aghhhhhh but fair play Google I rated your help page as crap and wrote a scathing report as well, as if by magic my old device updated its self connected to my BT router and minutes later I was watching Netflix on my tv! Wicked and well done Google. For a 3/4 year old device idle for ages Otis faultless. I have not updated to OS 10? On my 6+ phone Maybe that helped ?
Chromecast Audio + Chromecast Built-in
11th April 2018: Keep the improvements coming. Appreciated. Things are nice and stable lately and I like the new iOS Widget. On that note is one request - Please add a link to Google Assistant. For quick changes GA is hard to beat!
It’s been a painful 3/4 months but finally I can adjust volume for individual speakers in groups consisting of CA and Chromecast built-in speakers (sometimes it’s just quicker to do it manually when Google Home is having a hissy fit).
I hardly use the app for anything else so it’s appreciated.
- Google, Inc.
- 264.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Armenian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2013 Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.