By Cities Talking Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cities Talking for locals and tourists alike!
*Currently undergoing massive upgrades for 2014
Tired of all those boring, run-of-the-mill city tours you've put up with in the past? Looking to really get to know a new place, or to perhaps uncover a new side of your hometown? Cities Talking offers fresh and engaging audio walking tours of a wide variety of European cities, with a brilliant twist: you're totally in control! Start and stop the tour whenever you please; pause the narrative if you feel like nipping off for a quick bite to eat, and rest easy in the knowledge that the tour is waiting there for you whenever you choose to return.
Forget about running after a boring tour guide, or struggling to hear them from the back of the group; using the talents of some of the best voice artists in the industry (including the beloved Christopher Biggins for our London tours!), every tour is delivered in a fun and appealing way, giving you the best of the facts while entertaining you with little-known secrets and hush-hush tales of the city that surrounds you. As you approach each destination along the route, the tour plays automatically, giving you a user-friendly, fuss-free experience unlike any other! Even better: although the app uses GPS technology to help you follow the route, there aren't any data roaming charges!
The best way to get to know a city, it's said, is by foot; so get out there and soak up the real atmosphere with Cities Talking.
Tours offered in the following cities: London (6 individual tours), Amsterdam, Berlin, Bruges, Budapest, Edinburgh, Florence, Paris (2 walks), Prague and Venice. More cities added soon, so stay tuned to all updates on citiestalking.com and through our Facebook and Twitter! Also available is our Free Taster Walk, for you to try out the Cities Talking experience for yourself!
More tours will be added soon.
NO ROAMING CHARGES
"Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life."
What's New in Version 1.5.14
- The Cities Talking Icon has been upgraded to the newer look.
- For IOS 7+, background downloading has been enabled. Earlier the downloading used to stop whenever the device goes into sleep mode. Now downloading will continue. Please note that this feature is not supported for IOS 6.x and older IOS.
- Help screenshots text has been updated including new helper screenshot for Restore Function.
- FYI section has enhanced feature of navigation to the text of every FYI.
Great idea but buggy
A complete fail for our Venice trip, the app failed to open half way through a tour and somehow it lost the downloaded tour resulting in having to restore the purchase while on roaming data. Also, queueing up of the next place marker often replayed the last item which was frustrating.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 17 September 2014
- Version: 1.5.14
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: London Talking Ltd
- © CTL Ltd 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- LONDON Free Taster TourFree
- London: Death and Rebirth£4.99
- London: The Strand£4.99
- London: Power and Palaces£4.99
- BRUGES The Medieval City£4.99
- EDINBURGH Castle, Crosses and Kirks£4.99
- FLORENCE Florid Florence£4.99
- AMSTERDAM Waterway to the World£4.99
- London: Kings and Democracies£4.99