Citymapper - London, Hong Kong, Singapore, Manchester, Birmingham +
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Citymapper is the ultimate award-winning transport app making complex cities easy to use!
A to B journey planner with ETA including all modes (tube/subway, bus, rail, ferry, bike/car sharing, Uber).
Real-time departures. Transport maps. Line status and real-time disruption alerts. Uber integration. Live cycle hire info. Constant updates. Everything you need -- and may not even realise you need -- to manage your life in the city.
UK: London, Manchester, Birmingham.
ASIA: Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo.
EUROPE: Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels / Belgium, Amsterdam / Randstad, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Lisbon.
USA/CANADA: New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal.
LATIN AMERICA: Mexico City, São Paulo.
EXPANDING: VOTE for your city and we'll add it citymapper.com/nextcity
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Special Prize Winner - Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
* Grand Prize Winner - MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014 (GSMA/Mobile World Congress)
* Designs of the Year 2014 - London Design Museum
* International Startups of the Year 2014 - Crunchies
* Essential App of the Year 2014 - Stuff Magazine
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR REVIEWS:
* "Best app on my phone."
* "Its reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "I never thought I could love an app so much."
* "It has it all. Everything in one place."
* "BEST TRANSPORT APP EVER."
* "This is simply the best app I've come across."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "Literally my favourite app. If any of my friends are looking for new apps, this is the one I suggest first."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "Get these guys on the Queen's birthday honours list."
* "It's become a weird and possibly sad fact of my life that waiting and receiving Citymapper updates have overtaken Christmases and birthdays on the anticipation and excitometer."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Just when you think it can't get any better. Boom. New amazing features are released."
* "By far the most useful app I have and have ever had."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE UK, HONG KONG & SINGAPORE
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- London: Transport for London (TfL), Underground, Overground, DLR, Tramlink, National Rail, Santander Cycles.
- Manchester: Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), Megabus, Magic Bus, First Greater Manchester, Stagecoach, National Rail.
- Birmingham: Midland Metro, Centro Metro, Centro Train, Arriva Trains, Virgin Trains, First Trains, Chiltern Railways, London Midland, Cross Country.
- Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS.
- Hong Kong: MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus.
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO' navigation mode.
What's New in Version 5.14
….. aaaand we’re back. That January, such an unnecessary month.
* The SmartCommute. Seoul, Korea. St Petersburg, Russia. *
According to the internet, the average cityhuman spends 10,000+ hours commuting. Gosh, that’s more than a year of your entire life! It’s about time somebody built something specifically around this experience..
Introducing the SmartCommute. Set your home and work and we will automatically suggest commutes to you on your Personal Commute Dashboard on the homescreen. Because: robots. And we will only show you this when appropriate, based on your location and time of day. Because: robots. But, if you’re not happy with our suggestions, you can ‘edit commute’ to add and delete trips to your liking. Because: humans.
Your Personal Commute Dashboard will show you:
- Live ETA. Know exactly what time you will be at work (or back home) at a quick glance, even comparing across different options. This is super neat.
- Live departures. Optimise when to leave.
- Disruptions and delays. Know when you’re going to be **ed, and find alternatives.
- The weather. Why not.
FYI we’re not done yet with the Commute. For some people, it’s the most miserable part of their day. We’re going to continue to do something about it...
The app is now in Korean and Russian. And the expansion continues:
Seoul, Korea. We’re bringing some Gangnam style to transit in the second most populous metropolitan area in the world, with one of the largest subway systems globally, 800 bus routes, cable cars, cycle hires, and the world’s second Maglev (like a train levitating on magnets, wow), super fast internet, crazy TV antenna phones, and other proper future stuff.
St Petersburg, Russia. City of white nights, city of canals. Metro, real time buses, trams, trolley-buses, rail and even minibuses- be careful, only the drivers and we know where the stops are. The drawbridges are open...
To put it simply this app has been my god send for quite a long time, if the reviews are here to convince someone to buy this app let me simply say that i deem it not even necessary for you to even consider not downloading it because holy crap that amount of times and places and cities i've had to run around and find locations, city mapper has got to the best thing to have happened to me. It so easily co ordinates your route for public transport and is precise and thorough, i don't know where i'd be without it. Literally. Howeverrr i have a minor complaint about the new update, i'm unable to rename saved places which is very irritating so pretty please could this be changed back to how it was or something? But big love to citymapper never the less.
Phenomenally Useful and Intuitive
This app is very well thought through, intuitive and easy to use. It's the only app I use now for travel and it has never let me down! It might be good to add a 'via' function if you want to do a journey a certain way, and something that remembers different commutes on different days perhaps. I'd recommend this to anyone and everyone!
I'd be lost without it
My wife used to get lost within a one block radius of our house, not anymore :) Great app, does what it says on the tin and the little quirks like the catapult or jet pack are fun. The Meet Me Somewhere, and the more recent SmartCommute, additions are a lovely touch, well thought out, useful and very user friendly. Reading this review over I didn't realise how much I love CityMapper. Totally recommend it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 03 February 2016
- Version: 5.14
- Size: 59.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Citymapper Limited
- © 2016 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.