Citymapper - the ultimate real time public transport app for London, Manchester, Birmingham, Brussels and Singapore
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Includes support for Apple Watch. A to B journeys. Departures. Status alerts.
* Now in Singapore, Brussels, Birmingham and more!
* Available on Apple Watch!
The ULTIMATE TRANSPORT APP for LONDON, MANCHESTER, BIRMINGHAM, BRUSSELS, SINGAPORE and many others!
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Special Prize Winner - Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
* Grand Prize Winner - MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014 (GSMA/Mobile World Congress)
* Designs of the Year 2014 - London Design Museum
* International Startups of the Year 2014 - Crunchies
* Essential App of the Year 2014 - Stuff Magazine
Citymapper is reinventing the everyday urban transport app and making the large complicated cities simple and usable. A to B journey planning, real-time info on all modes of transport where available (next departures and line status), book a taxi or a car through our integration with Uber and Hailo, weather, alerts, disruptions and everything you need and may not even realise that you need to manage your life in the city.
Live in: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Brussels, Singapore, Paris, Lyon, Amsterdam (Randstad), Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Berlin, Hamburg, New York City, Washington DC, Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Mexico City, São Paulo (more coming...).
Constant updates. We improve the app regularly.
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR REVIEWS:
* "Best app on my phone."
* "Its reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "I never thought I could love an app so much."
* "It has it all. Everything in one place."
* "BEST TRANSPORT APP EVER."
* "This is simply the best app I've come across."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "Literally my favourite app. If any of my friends are looking for new apps, this is the one I suggest first."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "Get these guys on the Queen's birthday honours list."
* "It's become a weird and possibly sad fact of my life that waiting and receiving Citymapper updates have overtaken Christmases and birthdays on the anticipation and excitometer."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Just when you think it can't get any better. Boom. New amazing features are released."
* "By far the most useful app I have and have ever had."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE UK, BELGIUM & SINGAPORE
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- London: Transport for London (TfL), London Underground, Overground, London Dockland Light Railway (DLR), Tramlink, National Rail, Barclays Bikes.
- Manchester: Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), Megabus, Magic Bus, First Greater Manchester, Stagecoach Manchester, National Rail.
- Birmingham: Midland Metro, Centro Metro, Centro Train, Arriva Trains, Virgin Trains, First Trains, Chiltern Railways, London Midland, Cross Country.
- Brussels: SNCB, NMBS, MIVB, STIB, Villo!
- Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS.
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on.
What's New in Version 5.5
Your smartphone just became a smarterphone. Introducing GO, a realtime copilot for your journeys, and for the first time in history: realtime ETA/ arrival times, and ETA sharing. Moving around the city will never be the same again. Oh and we added new cities to celebrate the European summer: hello BIRMINGHAM, Amsterdam/ The Randstad, Lyon, Brussels and Lisbon.
GO. On every journey page, a step by step, smart, realtime SATNAV/ copilot for your trips. Why fiddle around looking for what you need, the app will now figure it out for you. Walk to the next stop. Wait for the next departure. Get off at the next stop. Eat your vegetables.
Even lazier? Turn on NOTIFICATIONS, and we’ll buzz you with what you need, when and where you need it. And yes, the notifications will work on your WATCH so you can just glide through the city acting nonchalant. Technology is amaze.
GO also activates REALTIME ARRIVAL PREDICTIONS. This has like never been done before in history. We’ll tell you exactly what minute you will get to your destination, and update this prediction during your journey based on your location and realtime data. One day you will explain to your children or your children’s children what it was like living in a time when you were not sure when you were going to get somewhere. “Oh we would just say I’ll be there in 30 mins no I’m late another 10 mins actually I’m not sure maybe 15, are you there yet, where are you, are you here, maybe hello what”. “Oh what a barbaric old civilisation you must have lived in!” will say your children or your children’s children condescendingly and dismissingly as they fumble with the passcode on their bionic skates.
Welcome to the future. You can also SHARE your REALTIME ARRIVAL privately or publicly on a map. Recipients can follow your journey along so they know exactly when you will arrive. No more frantic messaging and mental math, just send people the link and tell them you’ll get there when you get there.
Disclaimer. There is a LOT of new technology going on here. We are not yet fully accounting for underground metros, cycles or cabs. We have not sufficiently tested and cannot be held liable for accurate predictions for everybody such as people with really really long legs, people with really really short legs, skateboarders, robots, lawyers, ninjas, babies, ninja-babies, squirrels or frankly any vertebrates in general. GO will get better over time.
There may be other stuff we added but it pales in comparison with GO.
Hello NEW CITIES:
BIRMINGHAM! Because it’s nearby. We got the Midland metro and the many many trains, we’ve got cycle routes, live buses and train delays.
LYON. Because the the French members of our team are constantly nagging, and they did invent the cycle hire so.
LISBON. Because they have pretty stations.
BRUSSELS. Because it was on the way.
AMSTERDAM, the current standing winner of the Citymapper.com/NextCity voting competition. In fact, we’ve added the entire RANDSTAD region including Utrecht, The Hague and Rotterdam, our first MULTICITY area. With real-time transit, and yes cycles, we have you covered across most of the Netherlands.
How do you like them apples.
Love to ride a bus or bike, can't stand the tube; so...
... This app is a game changer. The time comparison makes choosing your transport selection a well informed decision as opposed to the poorly educated guess you, (well certainly I) could have made.
5 of 5, this app just saved my hungover self from the misery of the Tube 😄 🚌
Haven't had many chances to use Citymapper as I don't go to London often but kept it installed purely for the hilarious app updates.
Now, it's in B-Town and I'm already won over! It works flawlessly on iPhone and the Watch functionality is spot on (albeit slow which is inherent of Watch OS 1 – to be remedied by OS 2's allowance of native app operation).
What impresses me most is that the graphics are appropriate for the area: bus stop layouts, logos, etc … It's trivial but a really nice touch. They could've half-cocked it but it really shows the developers' heart and effort.
5/5 all the way!
TRULY GREAT CITY APP
I wouldn't visit London without this app. It is so perfect for getting around the City. When you are travelling by bus it even alerts you when approaching your bus stop.
It does everything except hold your hand!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 01 July 2015
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 34.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Citymapper Limited
- © 2015 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.