Citymapper - the ultimate real time public transport app for London and Manchester
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Includes support for Apple Watch. A to B journeys. Departures. Status alerts. *
* Now in Singapore!
* Available on Apple Watch!
The ULTIMATE TRANSPORT APP for LONDON, MANCHESTER, SINGAPORE and many others!
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Special Prize Winner- Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
* Grand Prize Winner- MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014 (GSMA/Mobile World Congress)
* Designs of the Year 2014 - London Design Museum
* International Startups of the Year 2014- Crunchies
* Essential App of the Year 2014 - Stuff Magazine
Live in: London, Manchester, Singapore, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Berlin, Hamburg, New York City, Washington DC, Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Mexico City, São Paulo (more coming...).
Citymapper is reinventing the everyday urban transport app and making the large complicated cities simple and usable. A to B journey planning, real-time info on all modes of transport where available (next departures and line status), book a taxi or a car through our integration with Uber and Hailo, weather, alerts, disruptions and everything you need and may not even realise that you need to manage your life in the city.
Constant updates. We improve the app regularly.
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR REVIEWS:
* "Best app on my phone."
* "Its reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "I never thought I could love an app so much."
* "It has it all. Everything in one place."
* "BEST TRANSPORT APP EVER."
* "This is simply the best app I've come across."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "Literally my favourite app. If any of my friends are looking for new apps, this is the one I suggest first."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "Get these guys on the Queen's birthday honours list."
* "It's become a weird and possibly sad fact of my life that waiting and receiving Citymapper updates have overtaken Christmases and birthdays on the anticipation and excitometer."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Just when you think it can't get any better. Boom. New amazing features are released."
* "By far the most useful app I have and have ever had."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE UK
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- London: Transport for London (TfL), London Underground, Overground, London Dockland Light Railway (DLR), Tramlink, National Rail, Barclays Bikes.
- Manchester: Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), Megabus, Magic Bus, First Greater Manchester, Stagecoach Manchester, National Rail.
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on.
What's New in Version 5.2
Ok computer, let’s try 3 continents in one go, plus features. Sao Paulo. Singapore. Toronto. Montreal. Vancouver. Combined cycle + tube routing. Live trips on the homescreen. Get off the train alerts. Save walks. Support for Apple Watch.
Where. do. we. start.
Cycle hire + tube routing. We’re pushing multimodal routing to the next level. For the first time in the history of urban mobility (not that we actually fact checked this), cycling is combined with public transport, opening up new A to B options across the city you did not know existed. This is an experimental start in limited cities, we are only using shared cycle schemes, and are only showing results when they are competitive with public transport or cycling directly. Cycle routing has also been updated and is now showing 3 options: regular, fast and quiet. Welcome to spring, and yes you need the exercise.
Saved trips on the homescreen now show real-time departure info when relevant. You can now also save walk trips. And if you save multiple trips between the same A to B, we will group them together. A great way to save and compare multiple commute options.
Get off the train alerts. Track journeys with commuter rail (or buses), and we’ll tell you when to get off. Unless you’re a deep sleeper.
And welcome to our new cities:
- Toronto. The current standing winner of our citymapper.com/nextcity voting competition. And frankly after we were one of the Apps of the Year 2014 in Canada, we were filled with immense guilt, waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweats. There was no alternative, we had to do it. We added Montreal and Vancouver as well in order to redeem ourselves.
- Sao Paulo. 20 million Paulistas, the largest real-time bus network, and possibly the most challenging city we’ve tackled yet. In Portuguese.
- Singapore. Because there are way more Asians in the world than white people.
Improvements to existing cities and other fixes ongoing.
And finally, support for Apple Watch. Actually we already included this in the previous release. But we just wanted to mention it again.
Best app ever!!!
Been with this app since the Boris Johnson catapult, one of the first apps i downloaded on my iPod touch 3rd generation. Now i'm running it through my iPhone six talk about starting from the bottom now we're here😂. Ok I thought this app was amazing and use it all the time in London and know i know how to get pretty much everywhere i went to madrid last week and was SO surprised to see that it works just as well as it does in ldn as it does abroad plus i checked and theres about a hundred other cities!! Defo best app i ever got❗️
Always wants to know my location - even in the background
Users have to choose between this app 'Always' accessing their location - even whilst in the background - or 'Never' doing so. So I am downgrading to a one star review until the developer implements the option only to access my location whilst the app is in use. UPDATE: devs have added the 'whilst using' option AND we get cycle hire + tube routing in London. Finally! Five stars.
Best app for travel in London
Although sometimes easy to get lost in the number of pages available in this app, you won't get lost in London. This is the most accurate route finding out there, and will not suggest silly routings. Just wish it would cover suburban bus routes to the M25 boundary as this is informally thought by many to be the true extent of London.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 15 April 2015
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 31.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Citymapper Limited
- © 2015 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.