Citymapper - the Ultimate Transport App
By Citymapper Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Citymapper is the ultimate award-winning transport app making complex cities easy to use!
A to B journey planner with ETA including all modes (tube/subway, bus, rail, ferry, bike/car sharing, Uber).
Real-time departures. Transport maps. Line status and real-time disruption alerts. Uber integration. Live cycle hire info. Constant updates. Everything you need -- and may not even realise you need -- to manage your life in the city.
UK: London, Manchester, Birmingham.
EUROPE: Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels / Belgium, Amsterdam / Randstad, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Lisbon, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Moscow, St Petersburg.
ASIA: Singapore, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo.
AUSTRALIA: Sydney, Melbourne.
USA/CANADA: New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Baltimore, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal.
LATIN AMERICA: Mexico City, São Paulo.
EXPANDING: VOTE for your city and we'll add it citymapper.com/nextcity
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Special Prize Winner - Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
* Grand Prize Winner - MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014 (GSMA/Mobile World Congress)
* Designs of the Year 2014 - London Design Museum
* International Startups of the Year 2014 - Crunchies
* Essential App of the Year 2014 - Stuff Magazine
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR REVIEWS:
* "Best app on my phone."
* "Its reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "I never thought I could love an app so much."
* "It has it all. Everything in one place."
* "BEST TRANSPORT APP EVER."
* "This is simply the best app I've come across."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "Literally my favourite app. If any of my friends are looking for new apps, this is the one I suggest first."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "Get these guys on the Queen's birthday honours list."
* "It's become a weird and possibly sad fact of my life that waiting and receiving Citymapper updates have overtaken Christmases and birthdays on the anticipation and excitometer."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Just when you think it can't get any better. Boom. New amazing features are released."
* "By far the most useful app I have and have ever had."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE UK, HONG KONG & SINGAPORE
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- London: Transport for London (TfL), Underground, Overground, DLR, Tramlink, National Rail, Santander Cycles.
- Manchester: Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), Megabus, Magic Bus, First Greater Manchester, Stagecoach, National Rail.
- Birmingham: Midland Metro, Centro Metro, Centro Train, Arriva Trains, Virgin Trains, First Trains, Chiltern Railways, London Midland, Cross Country.
- Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS.
- Hong Kong: MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus.
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO' navigation mode.
What's New in Version 6.8.1
The homescreen is faster.
The homescreen has more.
Some things will never change.
Some things will always be the same.
But you can't ever go home again.
No you can't ever go home again.
Great app - funny little jokes
Honestly, I originally didn't care about reviewing this app but after installing the new update I have to give these guys credit. Great app, always helps but the best part is probably when you are welcomed with personalised jokes such as 'Jetpacks would get you there in 5 minutes...' or something along those lines 😂
Also, I'm liking the new update message of 'The home screen has changed.... but some things will never change, some things will always be the same. But you you can't ever go home again. No you wont ever go home again'. Probably small things like that give this app a full 5 stars 😅 thanks for the Banta Citymapper👌🏾
My only friend in the tube strikes
Yes it drains your battery. In my opinion it's worth it to know the quickest and least painful way to travel to your destination (/nearest plug socket), especially in what can only be described as the apocalyptic London tube strikes. Easy to use, occasional additions of wit keep you sane on your commute and the live arrivals allow me to run (with the rest of the City's population) for the next bus. I haven't come across any journey planning errors and pre-Citymapper journey planning in London seems like a bleak time that I would rather forget!
Best London journey planner out there!
I live in London (always have done) and have been using city mapper for the past 3 years religiously. It incorporates all the best parts of other journey planner apps like Busmapper and TFL and is accurate, always up to date when showing closures, and even shows real time (super useful for buses and trains). Moreover, it's a nice simple lay out so is straightforward to use. Totally rely on it and it's the best app for travel out there.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 15 December 2016
- Version: 6.8.1
- Size: 147 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Citymapper Limited
- © 2016 Citymapper Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.