Real-time departures. Transport maps. Line status and real-time disruption alerts. Uber integration. Live cycle hire info. Constant updates. Everything you need -- and may not even realise you need -- to manage your life in the city.
UK: London, Manchester, Birmingham.
EUROPE: Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels / Belgium, Amsterdam / Randstad, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Lisbon, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Moscow, St Petersburg.
ASIA: Singapore, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo.
AUSTRALIA: Sydney, Melbourne.
USA/CANADA: New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Baltimore, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal.
LATIN AMERICA: Mexico City, São Paulo.
EXPANDING: VOTE for your city and we'll add it citymapper.com/nextcity
* Winner of Grand Prix, Best Transport Startup and Best Mobile Startup - 2015 Europas Awards
* Apple's 2014 and 2013 Apps of the Year
* Special Prize Winner - Tokyo Metro Competition 2015
* Grand Prize Winner - MTA New York City App Quest 2013
* Best Overall Mobile App 2014 (GSMA/Mobile World Congress)
* Designs of the Year 2014 - London Design Museum
* International Startups of the Year 2014 - Crunchies
* Essential App of the Year 2014 - Stuff Magazine
THOUSANDS OF 5-STAR REVIEWS:
* "Best app on my phone."
* "Its reason alone to get an iPhone. It's that good."
* "Life changing. This app really changes the way you travel."
* "I never thought I could love an app so much."
* "It has it all. Everything in one place."
* "BEST TRANSPORT APP EVER."
* "This is simply the best app I've come across."
* "This app makes me warm inside."
* "Literally my favourite app. If any of my friends are looking for new apps, this is the one I suggest first."
* "The only true five star app."
* "Don't know how I lived without it."
* "Get these guys on the Queen's birthday honours list."
* "It's become a weird and possibly sad fact of my life that waiting and receiving Citymapper updates have overtaken Christmases and birthdays on the anticipation and excitometer."
* "I'm practically married to this app."
* "Just when you think it can't get any better. Boom. New amazing features are released."
* "By far the most useful app I have and have ever had."
AVAILABLE CITIES & SERVICES IN THE UK, HONG KONG & SINGAPORE
We use open data from transport agencies in the cities where we are live:
- London: Transport for London (TfL), Underground, Overground, DLR, Tramlink, National Rail, Santander Cycles.
- Manchester: Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), Megabus, Magic Bus, First Greater Manchester, Stagecoach, National Rail.
- Birmingham: Midland Metro, Centro Metro, Centro Train, Arriva Trains, Virgin Trains, First Trains, Chiltern Railways, London Midland, Cross Country.
- Singapore: LTA, SMRT, SBS.
- Hong Kong: MTR, HK Tramways, Light Rail, Kowloon Motor Bus, Citybus, First Bus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay Ferry & Bus, Park Island Ferry & Bus, Green Mini Bus.
KEEP IN TOUCH
If you have questions or feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com
Please note that the app requires data access and works best with GPS / location on. Also, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Background GPS is only used when in ‘GO' navigation mode.
The Age of Floating Transport continues...
We've added even more electric cycles, mopeds, kick scooters and carsharing across our cities.
Find anything anywhere, all in one app.
Cycles: ofo, Mobike, oBike, Lime, JUMP
Moped Scooters: Cityscoot, COUP, YUGO, eCooltra, Muving, ioscoot, Scoot
Kick Scooters: Bird, Lime, Skip, Scoot
Carsharing: car2go, Enjoy, Sharengo, Emov
Helicopters: nope, sorry.
Ratings and Reviews
Serving urban centres as diverse as London, Lyon, Boston and Tokyo, Citymapper aims to make city travel as stress-free as possible. And, rather brilliantly, it manages it. Plugging in a desired destination (“home” and “work” can be saved, usefully) serves up every imaginable method of getting there, including a nice Uber sync-up. It also displays costs, live departure times, duration and calories. Our favourite feature, however? The option to discover how long it’d take to get where you’re going by jetpack and teleportation. One day, Citymapper. One day.
Brilliant app for London
This is one of my favourite travel apps. I’m a Londoner and I use it all the time. For ages I have been looking for an app where you can see all the transport modes in one app. But no app does that does it? Well Citymapper does! Works great for London Underground and National Rail and is also really handy to check the next tube and bus times. Love the addition of the Line Statuses so I can check for disruptions before I leave home in the morning. Planning capabilities are excellent and I really like how you can view maps of individual rail or bus lines/routes. Haven’t yet used it for any other cities but I’m guessing it’s just as great! I also love the fact that the app stores all the city related maps for you to browse and explore the city. On the whole, to get around a city, all in one app, this is the app you need!
One of the best apps on my phone
Whether it’s the prompts telling me it’s my stop next on an unfamiliar S-Bahn Line, reliable ‘local’ walking routes that shave 5 minutes off travel times with shortcuts, telling me the best Tube carriage to get on in London, public transport timetables or Uber integration, CityMapper has made travel so much easier.
I use it all the time in London, used it for a 1st time visit to Copenhagen (when I had no other map), 2nd visit to Berlin (where the public transit was invaluable) and Paris when I needed to find some rather more obscure locations.
Unlike other mapping apps, it doesn’t seem to drain the battery as it tracks progress. Maps are clear and directions also usually. You can save directions for use offline. Public transport integration is excellent. For example, in Berlin other apps listed incorrect info (telling me there was no direct airport route to where I was staying, when the S9 in fact does the job).
My only two quibbles; it doesn’t cover enough cities and on on occasion it directed me across a park that’s currently a building site. Minor points against a really outstanding app.
Oh. And it’s entirely free. Chuck the paper maps in the recycling and download this instead. It’s all you need.
- Citymapper Limited
- 236.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Citymapper Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.