By The Smyth Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We hope you love Clean Tunes as much as we do. Please visit our site or follow @CleanTunes to keep up date and provide us with your feedback.
Clean Tunes helps you edit profanity and other objectionable content out of your music. Designed for parents who want to listen to their music in front of their kids, kids who want to listen to their music in front of their parents, or anyone who just doesn’t want to hear profanity in their favorite music.
How does it work? It’s simple:
- Play songs from your iTunes library
- When you come across a song that needs editing, simply tap and hold the Edit button to mute the audio and the offending word
- From now on, whenever that song plays again in the Clean Tunes app, your edit will automatically silence the word
Check out our website to see a video of Clean Tunes in action.
Other features in Clean Tunes:
- Choose music from your iTunes library
- Automatically play a shuffled playlist of music you have marked as clean
- Quickly get a playlist of songs you need to edit (that you’ve marked as dirty)
- View the lyrics of your songs to see if they need editing
- Email edits or bump to sync your edits with friends (they must have the same song)
- Mark songs clean or dirty to help you organize and see at a glance the state of your library
- Editing made simple: scrub to the good stuff, see your edits on the timeline and tap to delete, or jump back 5 seconds to quickly edit that word you JUST missed
Things to keep in mind:
- Clean Tunes may not work while connected to a stereo system through the dock connector.
- Clean Tunes does NOT in any way alter your files. Edits are performed by the app, not stored in your library. Clean Tunes is completely nondestructive.
- Clean Tunes will continue to run in the background for up to 10 minutes after you close it. We wish we could run forever, and if that becomes an option in the future we’ll be the first to add it. For now, after 10 minutes we’ll stop your music just to make sure you don’t hear anything unexpected.
What's New in Version 1.4.3
Do not buy
Dreadful app in every way. You can't export the song to your iTunes library therefore you must try to use the app to play your music which is a nightmare.
Do not buy
I thought it was going to offer an alternative for the word, but it just silences it, which sounds very stupid. Was NOT worth £2.99 AT ALL. DO. NOT. BUY.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 27 May 2012
- Version: 1.4.3
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: The Smyth Group, Inc.
- © 2010-2012 The Smyth Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.