By Crick Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Develop young pupils’ writing skills and build struggling writers’ confidence with Clicker Sentences - the definitive early writing tool that enables you to build sentences with whole words. Continuously developed by Crick Software for over 20 years, the Clicker product range is used in schools around the world.
“An essential installation for all schools that are putting iPads into their Key Stage 1 and SEN settings.”
- Anthony Evans, teacher and blogger
“A fabulous app that is very well designed with features that will meet many special needs. I highly recommend it!"
- The Appy Ladies
“I am a long-time fan of Crick Software’s Clicker products and was very excited when I heard about their new Clicker Apps! I have been using the apps with a number of struggling readers and writers, and the results have been fantastic.”
- Ros Henshaw, Independent Consultant
"Wow, how fantastic and the sentence wizard is my favourite use of Clicker 6, so it means that I can use the app immediately! Love them."
- Trish Davidson, CENMAC (Assistive Technology in Education)
HELP EVERY CHILD ACHIEVE WRITING SUCCESS
Pupils tap words in the grid to build sentences in the simple word processor, then hear each sentence automatically spoken aloud as they complete it, helping them to identify any mistakes and make corrections.
Pupils can even hear words before they write them, helping them to find the word they want and achieve writing success (ensure the sound on your iPad is turned on).
USE ANY SEQUENCE OF SENTENCES
Set up any sequence of sentences for your learners in a few seconds by simply typing or pasting them in. What’s more, get free, ready-made Sentence Sets via our LearningGrids site, which is fully accessible from within the app!
PROVIDE DIFFERENTIATED SUPPORT
Numerous support options ensure that children of all abilities are given the right level of challenge to experience success:
- For pupils just getting started with writing, show the completed sentence as a model on the grid, so they can copy it word-for-word.
- A model sentence in a popup enables the pupils to see the sentence, but not copy it. The popup must be closed before they write.
- A spoken model means the pupil can listen to the sentence, but not see it.
- Automatically randomise the words on the grid, or provide additional support by showing them in the correct sentence order.
USE PICTURES FOR ADDITIONAL SUPPORT AND MOTIVATION
Adding a picture to each sentence provides pupils with an additional cue. Choose pictures from your photo library, or snap them straight into the grid with your iPad camera. The pictures can be sent into the document too, helping pupils when reading their work back.
CRICK PICTURE LIBRARY NOW INCLUDED
NEW - the acclaimed Crick Picture Library is now included with the app! Browse or search the carefully categorised pictures to add child-friendly support to your Sentence Sets. Our Picture Library contains over 2,500 curriculum-related pictures, drawn by our own artist.
WRITING TO BE PROUD OF
The child-friendly Sassoon font included in the app makes Clicker Sentences documents look great on-screen and on paper. Print your work to any Airprint-compatible printer, or share it via email, AirDrop, Dropbox, WebDAV or Google Drive. Whatever your pupils’ current level, watch their confidence grow and their motivation soar as they experience writing success!
PART OF CRICK SOFTWARE’S CLICKER FAMILY
Based in the UK and US, Crick Software has a worldwide reputation for quality educational software for pupils of all abilities. To find more Clicker Apps, search for Crick Software in the App Store.
What's New in Version 1.3.8
- Default word order is set to Random for newly created Sentence Sets
- Fixed issue where the text in model sentence moved upwards when it was spoken
- Various minor bug fixes and enhancements
- Category: Education
- Updated: 08 February 2015
- Version: 1.3.8
- Size: 217 MB
- Languages: English, En
- Developer: Crick Software Ltd
- © 2014 Crick Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.