Cloak - Super Simple VPN
By Bourgeois Bits LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Public Wi-Fi isn't safe.
Cloak is the solution.
Cloak keeps you safe on Public Wi-Fi with no fiddling or fuss.
With Cloak's auto-secure feature, you don't even need to remember that you *have* Cloak -- just connect to that coffee shop, or airport, or hotel, or conference Wi-Fi and trust that Cloak's got your back.
What else is cool about Cloak? So much:
- With a beautiful, minimal user interface and quick access to all the important controls, Cloak makes it effortless to manage your online security.
- Cloak knows which networks you trust, and which you don't... and Cloak automatically secures your connection when you use an untrusted network.
- All of your preferences are cloud synced to all of your devices: iPhones, iPads, iPod Touches, and Macs.
As always, we welcome your comments and feedback and, yes, even your bug reports. To get in touch, send us an email: email@example.com -- we are here to help, so please do say hello!
What's New in Version 3.0.3
too-long-didn't-read (TL;DR): Minor bugfixes.
Cloak isn't just an app to us; it's something we love building. We take pride in the craftsmanship. That's why I was completely embarrassed to discover not one, but two long-lived mis-spellings. But my embarrassment didn't stop there. Oh, no! Later, I discovered an edge case where the app would completely mis-report the state of your account, leading to extra confusion.
These minor embarrassments are now fixed. I can sleep soundly at night. :-)
Originally got this because I was forever forgetting to switch on my previous VPN service on the rare occasions I used used a public wifi service, rather defeating the purpose. Cloak solves the problem brilliantly, and as far as I've noticed 'just works' in securing untrusted networks.
The only caveat is that on occasion (and on iOS only) it will occasionally switch on randomly while on a trusted network. It's intermittent behaviour, and incidents tend to come a few at a time then it's fine for months. In any case it's two seconds to sort out and only a real issue if you're accessing files on the LAN.
Throughput and latency are consistently good, with bandwidth probably dropping by 10 percent compared to no VPN. Overall, well worth it and decent value for money.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 17 May 2016
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 7.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Bourgeois Bits LLC
- © 2016 Bourgeois Bits LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Week Pass£2.99
- Month Pass£7.99
- Year Pass£79.99