Co:Writer® is a writing tool that aids with phonetic/inventive spelling, grammar, and topic-related vocabulary. Co:Writer has been a trusted friend to writers and communicators for decades (tracing its roots back to the days of the Apple II in the late 70s).
HOW DOES CO:WRITER WORK?
As letters are typed, Co:Writer predicts the intended word with a selection of word suggestions using powerful grammar-smart word prediction. These suggestions can be read aloud with a swipe. Selecting the intended word places it into the document. For feedback while writing (and after writing) built-in text to speech can be used to read letters, words, sentences, and the entire document.
4+ MILLION TOPIC-SPECIFIC DICTIONARIES
Co:Writer has access to a main prediction dictionary (that includes core words) and Topic Dictionaries (that includes topic specific words). Co:Writer can access over 4 million topic-specific dictionaries which are activated based on the writing task.
A small sampling of the variety of topic dictionaries:
- America's Cup
- Apple II
- Compare and Contrast
- Grumpy Cat
- History of the Peloponnesian War
- Mahatma Gandhi
- My Dog
- Pig Latin
- Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Tommy (album)
- Wonders of the World
Co:Writer handles the widest range of spelling mistakes through its Flexspell™technology including phonetic spelling and inventive spelling errors (letter omissions, word ending omissions, letter reversals, etc).
Examples of how Co:Writer aides with phonetic and/or inventive spelling:
1. The blk jargon flu over the bra lfnt.
2. R u hpy to ce me?
3. I no hw to nor the fone.
1. The black dragon flew over the gray elephant.
2. Are you happy to see me?
3. I know how to answer the phone.
Co:Writer bases its prediction off of proper grammar, and uses its understanding of grammar to accurately predict words within the framework of valid sentence structures.
Examples of how Co:Writer aides with grammar:
1. Dogs are furry. (noun, verb, adj.) - When you typed d-o, you get plural noun choices
2. Three very mangy dogs ran down the street. (adj., adv., adj., noun, verb… etc.) - After typing three, very, mangy, you get plural noun choices, then you get plural verb tenses.
- Built-in Text to Speech (swipe prediction guesses to hear before selection)
- iCloud Support
-US dictionaries and US voice only. Please see separate versions for British English and Canadian English.
Just a fix for exporting to Google Docs
- Don Johnston, Inc.
- 68.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Adaptive Peripherals, Inc. & Don Johnston Incorporated
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.