codeSpark Academy with The Foos is the #1 learn to code program for kids 4-9! Our award-winning app has introduced over 20 million kids in 201 countries to the ABCs of computer science.
codeSpark Academy uses a patent pending "no words" interface to teach the basics of computer programming through a variety of interactive learning activities including puzzles, games, step-by-step creative projects, game design and offline printables – all of which can be monitored by parents.
“My 5 year old does not want to stop playing this. He caught on very quickly!”
“My daughters are 6 and 8 and this is their new favorite game. Now they want to be programmers!”
* Kids learn key programming concepts and use them to code their own projects in the Game Maker.
* Personalized daily activities based on your child’s progress.
* Subscription app with new content every month.
* Word-free. Anyone, anywhere can play.
* Curriculum developed based on collaboration with and research from MIT, Princeton and Carnegie Mellon.
* Perfect for pre-readers, ELL students and kids with reading and focus-related challenges.
* Supports 3 individual child profiles.
* No collection of your child’s private data.
* No advertising or micro-transactions
* No written communication between players or external parties.
* No commitments or hassles. Cancel at any time.
PRESS & AWARDS:
codeSpark teaches basic computer programming skills — "the ABCs of coding"— with no reading necessary - NPR
"[codeSpark Academy] is easy to learn, full of playful characters and it's easy to experiment." - Children's Technology Review
"Most appealing to me as a parent was seeing how my children enjoyed working together on the puzzles" - Parents' Choice Awards
*** 2016 American Assoc of School Librarians - Best Apps for Teaching
*** 2016 Kidscreen Awards - Best Learning App for Kids ***
*** 2016 KAPi Awards – Best App or Product for Younger Children ***
*** 2015 Parents’ Choice — Gold Medal ***
*** Apple Editor’s Choice & Top Educational App ***
codeSpark Academy is inspired by visual programming languages such as Scratch from MIT, Alice from Carnegie Mellon University and other ‘beginner’ programming languages like Logo, SmallTalk, and Squeak.
Our word-free interface allows anyone, anywhere to play. They’ll master core computer science concepts such as pattern recognition, problem solving, sequencing, algorithmic thinking, debugging, loops and conditionals.
Our Game Maker allows kids to put programming concepts to work by designing and coding video games. Creations can then be played and remixed by other coders around the globe.
DOWNLOAD AND SUBSCRIPTION:
* Download and try free for 7 days. Trial offers the full codeSpark Academy experience for a limited time. Subscription is £7.99/month
* Payment will be charged to iTunes Account once free trial period is over
* Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
* Account will be charged £7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
* Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
* Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
codeSpark Academy is FREE for teachers, librarians, and verified non-profit educational institutions. codeSpark Academy was voted top choice by teachers and librarians for introducing computer science in elementary schools. Additionally our FREE teacher dashboard allows educators to track student progress and turn on and off parts of the app.
codeSpark is delivering computer science education to kids in over 200 countries by turning programming into play.
Halloween has come to Fooville and you can find all the tricks and treats - including new Witches and Ghosts! - in the Store for a limited time. Snag your ghoulish goodies before they disappear on November 15th!
Don’t forget Story Maker, our latest feature inside codeSpark Academy. It’s perfect for telling spooky stories and tall tales this Halloween season!
This update also includes our latest round of fixes and optimizations for better gameplay - so let’s get coding!
Ratings and Reviews
Learning to code with interactive play and puzzles.
Excellent Computing Educational Tool
CodeSpark is excellent a great app for education it helps give the students practical experience at coding. Student just think they playing games but in fact they learn key skills for computing. Would highly recommend this app/programme to anyone.
Poor communication and admin.
I was getting on well with my two grandchildren for several months but then this app started blocking me. First, it said it didn’t recognise my password. I had used for some time. I pressed the button for forgotten password. They, whoever they are, sent me a link and I successfully changed the password, or so it said. It didn’t work. So I tried again, changed the password, successfully, but again it didn’t work. I cannot remember what I paid for this app but it really isn’t worth the hassle.
I think it is goodbye Foozs. There must be something more user friendly around!
- codeSpark, Inc
- 188.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 codeSpark, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment £5.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment £2.99
- codeSpark Academy Enrollment £38.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.