Coeliac UK – Gluten-free on the move
By Coeliac UK
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Living gluten-free need not be a challenge with our Gluten-free on the Move app which guides you through the gluten-free diet both home and away. Our essential Food and Drink Directory has a built in barcode scanner for when you’re out shopping so you can easily see if we list the product. Looking for somewhere to eat out? Use our Venue Guide and find venues that can cater for you so you can easily find somewhere when you’re out and about. And if that’s not enough, our gluten-free checklist, label guide and eating out tips give you more hints and tips on enjoying life gluten-free.
• For Members - A searchable Food and Drink Directory listing thousands of products suitable for a gluten-free diet. With scan, search and category listings to choose from, shopping for your gluten-free diet has never been easier.
• For Members – A searchable Eating Out Venue Guide with a range of cuisines and venue types offering food for the gluten-free diet. Use your location services to find venues near you and the app will take you there.
• A Label Guide to help you understand food labelling, support your shopping and help you choose food from the mainstream supermarket aisles.
• A Gluten-free Checklist which guides you through those foods that are gluten-free, those you need to check and those which contain gluten.
• Eating out tips so you can eat more easily using our hints and tips, including questions to ask and things to check to safeguard your health.
• Latest news from Coeliac UK.
• Information about Coeliac UK and how to contact us.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
iOS 10 update
This app is pretty useless if you don't have a £24/year subscription to the Coeliac UK website. I bought a subscription so that I could access all the features of the app and it's really disappointing. There are massive advertisements all over the place (£24 a year for adverts?!), it's really hard to find somewhere to eat, and the product finder only seems to list the really obvious gf items - i.e. The ones with gf all over the packaging.
Recently joined Coeliac UK as i've just been diagnosed. App is a very useful tool when finding food & places to eat. The tips are very helpful too.
It asks you to logging in all the time which is incredibly annoying when you are scanning some meals at the supermarket
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 19 September 2016
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 17.1 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Coeliac UK
- © Coeliac UK
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.