Collins Big Cat: The Steam Train Story Creator
By HarperCollins Publishers Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Winner of the BETT 2013 Primary Digital Content Award
Develop your children’s reading and writing skills with The Steam Train interactive book and Story Creator, from the primary literacy specialists at Collins Education. Also available: Around the World and It Was a Cold, Dark Night.
The perfect way to develop essential literacy skills and transfer good reading to great writing. This book has been carefully levelled for children aged 5+.
• An animated, interactive book that brings the story to life
• Audio narration, music and sound effects to aid language learning – read along with the narration as the words are highlighted
• Opportunities to develop speaking and listening skills by recording your own narration and sound effects - perfect for storytelling and to hear progression over time
• Hidden surprises to discover on every page and a Collins Big Cat quiz to see what you can remember
• Transfer reading to writing using Story Creator: make your own book using pictures, characters and key vocabulary from the story, transforming readers into writers
• Practical guidance for adults helping children to develop their reading, writing and communication skills
The steam train is pulling out of the station, it heads to the hills, into a rainstorm, through a tunnel and out the other side into the sunshine and to the seaside. Follow the rhythm and the rhyme of this simple poem and travel with the train on its wonderful adventure.
Share your review with us below – we’d love to know what you think!
Stay updated with all of our Collins Big Cat apps – visit www.collinsbigcat.com
ABOUT COLLINS BIG CAT:
This popular reading series is used and trusted by over 9000 UK primary schools, as well as English-speaking schools all over the world. Now available on the App Store for the first time, we’ve brought the quality that teachers, parents and children have come to expect to our digital versions of the books.
I have just downloaded all of the series and my kids (8 & 6) are really excited. We have listened to the story, which they could read themselves, and the best bit looks to be the story creator. This is an interactive feature where they will be able to pick scenes, add characters and then add their own text. They can then record their own story and sound effects (there are 3 soundtracks per scene). For free, this is fantastic.
I have just downloaded the entire series because this one was so good. The story alone is great for my 4yr old to listen to and try to read but the story creator makes this an even greater app. Then there's the English narration which is a HUGE plus. And finally ..... All for free? What more could we ask for a pre-reader! THANK YOU
Great learning tool
Great books with lovely illustrations and hidden interaction. I love the sound effects on this story, my two year old is excited to read the next. These are great books, can't believe they are free! More please!!!
- Category: Education
- Released: 15 December 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 76.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Harper Collins Publishers Limited
- © HarperCollins Publishers Limited 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.