Collins English Dictionary is an unparalleled resource for word lovers, word gamers, and word geeks everywhere. It draws on Collins’ extensive language databases and reintroduces many literary and rare words useful for crossword solvers and setters as well as Scrabble players, including words previously only found in the official Scrabble word list.
App features include:
- Over 722,000 words, meanings and phrases
- Over 8,500 place names and 5,500 biographies
- 72 000 audio pronunciations
- 50 000 entries added in this 12th Edition
- Pattern-matching search
- Full text search
Drawn from the Collins Corpus, the largest in the world with more than 4.5 billion words, and combined with a selection of emerging words submitted by the public on collinsdictionary.com, the Collins English Dictionary is a snapshot of real English as it is spoken today around the world.
Fix for audio pronunciation issue
- Antony Lewis
- 354.2 MB
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © HarperCollins Publishers Limited 2014
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.